Main Menu

Iksar Warder Freezing

Started by Inphared, January 24, 2011, 09:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

Friend is looking to start up a Beastlord and he wants to know which race to choose.

My question is: does the bug where the warder freezes still exist?

I've never actually been an Iksar before, but I remember for a long time it was a big complaint. Just wondering if it's still around.

kharthai

Yeah, small price to pay for not being one of the other optional races though.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

I tried for the big bad ogre, but he wouldn't have it. /qq

Rnan

ogre for the no stun i assume. question about that as well. if you are not in ogre form does the no stun still work ?

Rnan

Khauruk

Yes, it does!  IMO, the only sensible min/max choices are vah shit (/shudder) for sneak, and ogre for stun immunity, (and a bear).  The others are flavor, since the iksar AC bonus (if it applies to bst...I don't think so) is illusionary.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Khauruk on January 25, 2011, 12:41:50 AM
Yes, it does!  IMO, the only sensible min/max choices are vah shit (/shudder) for sneak, and ogre for stun immunity, (and a bear).  The others are flavor, since the iksar AC bonus (if it applies to bst...I don't think so) is illusionary.

Should be innate ac/regen.
Easiest way is to make level 1 Iksar BST and level 1 <race> BST (Make sure their AGI is the same) and compare their displayed AC unequipped.
I vote Ogre also...But innate AC/regen at level 90 may be beneficial.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Khauruk

Regen is pointless vs. incoming dps nowadays imo.  Even regen spells are generally useless.

Shadowknights have parsed the AC boost to be something displayed only, and not providing any mitigation benefit.  I'd have to dig around on egn to find them, but Brael has mentioned it several times.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Rnan

Khauruk

Sorry...evilgamer.net, the shadowknight class forums.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

I remember something similar, that the Iksar AC bonus is very minimal.
Isn't there a difference too on buffed AC from spells vs worn AC from gear?
As I recall, buffed AC gives less benefit, and maybe the AC bonus is a buffed type, only innate.

Sharrien

I would go ogre for the stun immunity.  I like playing vah shir and the sneak ability has helped me a lot over the years, but I haven't had to use it in a good while.  Right now I really really wish I could be stunned less.

However, my little son likes seeing the tiger when he wanders in to watch me play so I'll never switch.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

bradam

Could go barbarian.. innate cold resist ftw!

Khauruk

Quote from: Zunar on January 25, 2011, 09:47:07 AM
I remember something similar, that the Iksar AC bonus is very minimal.
Isn't there a difference too on buffed AC from spells vs worn AC from gear?
As I recall, buffed AC gives less benefit, and maybe the AC bonus is a buffed type, only innate.

Well, buff AC gives "less benefit" when you look at the spell data.  I recall it being 1/6th of what spell data shows, though looking at the warrior aura on Lucy, it suggests 3 and 1/3rd (300 AC in spelldata = 90 AC displayed).  That 90 AC displayed has the same impact as 90 displayed AC from gear though.  I also don't know if they have a mechanism to distinguish between the two types when taken innately as you suggest.

Quote from: Sharrien on January 25, 2011, 04:27:22 PM
I would go ogre for the stun immunity.  I like playing vah shir and the sneak ability has helped me a lot over the years, but I haven't had to use it in a good while.  Right now I really really wish I could be stunned less.

However, my little son likes seeing the tiger when he wanders in to watch me play so I'll never switch.

Indeed, ever since the SoF type3 aug debacle (could buy them w/ sneak on regardless of faction, so everybody shrouded as a rogue to get them), they seem to design content specifically so you can't use sneak.  Sensible, but sad.  I've only used it a couple times on my ranger - once for his epic yesterday, and once in convort while I hid behind a column and let seeinvis wander past me (I still died shortly after though :/)

The kid comment might be the most important consideration though :)  Kiiiittttiiiiieeeessss!!!!!!!!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Funks

No one has mentioned trolls!! Gator!