Main Menu

Pet proc priorities

Started by Gatash, January 28, 2011, 06:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatash

Hi All,

I have a question about pet procs disrupting each other. A bst friend of mine told me that I should drop epic proc from pet when bard is singing proc song (not sure of name, but gives big crits) so that the bard one will go off more often. I'm not convinced this is actually the case but I would like some confirmation on this. I have felt that Friendly Pet (though perhaps not Bolstering as I rarely use now) seemed to fire considerably more when warder didn't have hobble of spirits on.

My question therefore extends to all pet procs. If I am using epic clicky and hobble, will it reduce the procs from chest/spire/bard when burning? Epic is so easy to recast, it would seem silly to not drop it on burns if this is the case.

Thanks in advance.

Gatash

Khauruk

I never use epic, as I'd rather get the stun proc from Spirit of Kron, and have the pet stunned more often.  Less dps taken > 25dps (or whatever it is....a pretty low number).

As to your general question....yes, we can have enough procs on a pet to interfere greatly.  epic/hobble will lead to fewer 2nd spire, bp, bard, sham, etc, procs off of it.  They are a good way to spread out the procs from Bolstering Warder if you don't want them to be used rapidly for some reason.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gatash

Cheers Khauruk, that was a quick response! :)

I might drop epic altogether then as I didn't realise it would impact enough on Kron in normal fights. Would certainly enjoy having one less clicky to refresh.

Gatash

Khauruk

I think it worked out to 4 seconds of stun/minute that we didn't get using epic + kron, vs. just kron.  So a pretty reasonable number.

Now there are other mods on the epic click though which do impact the pet's melee dps.  It's a double attack mod which I expect to be essentially worthless though.  There's also an avoid melee mod on there, which might be useful to click when soloing nameds w/ pet tanking, but not much outside of that imo.  Either way, I haven't parsed these to see the strength of these effects.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Khauruk on January 28, 2011, 07:05:19 PM
I think it worked out to 4 seconds of stun/minute that we didn't get using epic + kron, vs. just kron.  So a pretty reasonable number.

I've seen you posting about this on another topic (no clue wich one as I'm always scanning "current" topics) but my question is, does Kron actually stun the mob for 4(?) sec's? I remember in the old EQ code (Kunark - GoD 1.0) that although Lucy's Spell Data showed "Spell X" stuns for "Y" sec's on mobs up to level "Z" that the actual time a mob stayed stunned was usually 1/2 (or worse, depending on the content. i.e. higher end zones) from what was in the spell data. This was specifically tested/parsed by Palidins because this was their main spell line for agro (w/FoL). Was this corrected so that stuns last the full duration for level appropriate mobs? (I guess I could also ask on the Pally board as they may have more up to date information)

On a side note: I know that when I play my Pally, his stuns land and I can physically see the mob stop moving but I never time the actual stun time. And I swarm kite so I am actually fighting in zones below his gear/level wich would also mess up any answers reguarding this question (I would think).
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Gatash

The stun is for 1.5 secs on Kron's (and all pet buff procs for many levels earlier) so I would imagine that the 4 secs per minute is averaged out over a long time of parsing. I can't answer whether stuns actually last for their stated duration.

Gatash

Khauruk

Yeah, that was an aggregate based on proc rate.  NFC about stun duration though....that was way before my time.  I haven't noticed stuns being shorter than expect w/ my enc though, so I'm guessing it's fixed.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bradam

When I stun mobs with my chanter the mob stops and you can see the little yellow thingies spinning around its head.  I've never seen that from warder stuns, I've often wondered if the warder really even stuns at all