Main Menu

Returning 80 - Seeking AA Advice/Feedback

Started by Taladis, March 02, 2011, 03:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taladis

Greetings,

I am returning to the game after being gone since the end of TBS.  I have updated my expansions but decided to hold off leveling till I get some AA work done.  I can relearn the game and catch up on some of the newer AAs.  I made a list based on what I would have available and was looking for feedback on it.  This list isnt exact but it does follow what I was thinking on doing and includes the level of the AA i would be working at.  I plan on slumming solo with a merc healer in RSS for till I hit 2k or 2100 AA.  I am currently at about 1780 and my magelo link at the bottem is fairly up to date unless I get something new.

AA

General -   19+ Combat Agility (Passive - Avoidance)
General -   19+ Combat Stability (Passive - Mitigation)

Archetype - 1+  Companion's Alacrity (Passive - Pet Flurry)
Archetype - 2+  Destructive Fury (Passive - Spell Crit Damage Boost)
Archetype - 7+  Fury of Magic (Passive - Crit Chance)
Archetype - 13+ Healing Gift (Passive - Heal Crit)
Archetype - 4+  Spell Casting Reinforcement (Passive - Buff Extension)
Archetype - 7+  Veteran's Wrath (Passive - Melee Crit Damage Boost)

Class -     2+  Bite of the Asp (Click - Dot)
Class -     3+  Focused Paragon of Spirit (Click - Single Paragon)
Class -     1+  Hastened Bestial Alignment (Passive - Timer Reduce)
Class -     8+  Paragon of Spirit (Click - Group Paragon)
Class -     11+ Warder's Fury (Passive - Pet Crit)
Class -     12+ Warder's Alacrity Pet (Passive - Pet Flurry)

*edit* Based on comments
*edit2*  I have had a chance to fill in a good amount of AAs the last 2 weeks and updated the list for what I am still thinking of trying to get done first.  Feedback is still appreciated!  I have gotten used to game again, managed to replace all of my gear for better, and am working on finishing up a few more type 7 usable augs.  I dont even bother with the merc now most of the time. =)

Thanks for any help,

Kat

Khauruk

I think you've hit the important ones, but a lot of unimportant ones too.

Some of them:
Planar Power - no big deal
Gift of Mana - get the pain out of the way now, good idea
Forage - meh
Mental Fortitude/Mystical Shield - fairly low priority for groupers imo, useful for raiders
Nature's Salve - stop @ 1 for 99% of things
Burst of Power - very low priority dps AA
Attack of the Warders - unless you're staying low for quite a while, I wouldn't bother.  It's main utility is as a speedbump @ 90, since the overall damage from the swarm is so low.
Pet Crits - don't bother 'til you have like 3500AAs
Innate Corr Protection - meh, I wouldn't bother
Persistent Casting - I wouldn't bother
Feral Kick - lost its main utility a couple patches ago, now that mobs no longer enrage
Discordant Defiance - ignore unless you'll be raiding soon. Even then, it's a low priority AA
Enhanced Aggression - low priority
Pet Heals - nicer than you can imagine until you have/use them, imo.  I love these AA lines!
Fortify Companion - useful only if raiding (marginally) or using pet to tank nameds.
Healing AAs - awesome stuff, since our best solo xp is still solo, not w/ merc.  Lifetap weapons + heal AAs + focused para = great stuff.
Roar of Thunder - worthless AA imo.  I'll never buy it.  Sure, the debuff is alright, but it's not worth the cost.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Taladis

Thanks for the feedback!

I used to raid all the time but its also the reason I quit.  Ill probably just be doing soloing and grouping with the occasional raid if I find one.  Ill edit the list shortly based on your feedback.  Some of them like planer power and forage are just because their 1 offs I can get done.  Also I can solo without a merc but when I solo with one I can just run and kill without worrying about it.

Kat

AbyssalMage

Persistant Casting I have found to more powerful than I originally thought.

It isn't too useful for our faster casting spells (i.e. 1.0 sec or less) but I notice a difference on my 1.5 sec and longer spells when I tank (Self Heal, Slow, our HoT/20% damage spell that I can't remember its name, Paragon, Focused Paragon). Doesn't help for Nukes or DoT's as their casting time is so low already. Also if you don't plan on tanking, then it makes little difference anyways. But I have found it useful when mass pulling trains and so thats why I mentioned I find it occasionally useful.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Taladis

I updated the list and shorted it to what I still want to get done.  I am still working on it that temptation to level is getting worse and worse!

Kat

Khauruk

1900 AAs @ lvl80 ain't shabby at all.  Go for it and level imo...or AAs these first 3 double xp days, and levels the next 3.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Taladis

I was just soloing in RSS a little while ago and the AA are just flying 30 to 35 percent with lesson 20 to 25 without!  Ill probably AA during this and the second double xp days and level the rest.  Thanks for the feedback!