Main Menu

Kron's RK 3 Fixed

Started by Blarp, March 17, 2011, 08:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blarp

So they can fix the charm But not the stacking problems while they have the codeing up? WTF over.

Khauruk

Unrelated.  The charm thing was changing a line in spell data.  The stacking is an actual coding issue.  The designers can do one.  They can't do the other.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hzath

In beta I suggested they just remove the kron's maelstrom gaze and have kron's maelstrom chance fire directly on the initial cast.  This would make all the damage instant and we wouldn't even have to worry about stacking or wasting debuff slots.  I think it's worth bringing up again; don't monks still complain about their 5 point palm not stacking with kron's?  Necros are complaining about debuff slots more and more, these random useless debuffs on mobs are part of the problem.

As another note (from beta, I don't think it's different now) the 4th nuke that gets fired from kron's maelstrom doesn't get picked up on parsers because it fires from that 1-tick debuff, so for whatever reason that damage doesn't get assigned to us.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

ya they really need tog et this fixed its turning as great spell into more of a down side spell. for more then just us.

Nusa

Ya, the charm was someone's data-entry goof...which is why it only affected rank 3 of the spell.

The doom effect was moved from slot 1 to slot 2 on Kron's Maelstrom Gaze, which should remove us from the monk's Five Point Palm issue, so far as I know. The monks problem of overwriting each others Five Point Palm remains, of course.

Of course, slot 2 has its own conflicts, so expect the bards (Funeral Dirge AA) to be complaining soon, if they haven't already.

Khauruk

Yeah, mine are raising hell already.  This move was worse than the previous location.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

I've had to forbid the use of Kron's on my raids for the past month. Too many issues.

I'm trying to rattle their chains to make them make the spell not retarded, but the silence they've put forward lately is speaking volumes about their capacity to design this game.

Orbus1

So its only an issue with Rk 3?

Khauruk

No, the current problem is with all ranks.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hzath

Jyve (community leader) posted this on the bard forums on eqlive

Fixed.

Won't be next (Friday MG hotfix?) patch, but next full patch, it'll be in.

Cheers

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=174782

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Nusa

Actually, he's posting to say Funeral Dirge will be fixed. Hopefully that doesn't involve breaking Kron's in a new way, like the last fix.

Khauruk

The easy fix being to change Kron's, I read it as Kron's is getting re-"fixed."  If they do happen to change Dirge instead, that's fine too as the result is the same for us - a spell we can mem again on bosses.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hzath

The patch today moved the stacking issue on kron's maelstrom gaze from slot 2 to slot 4.  I ran a parser and the only conflict I saw was some spell I'd never heard of that looked like an NPC spell.  It's still not the "best" fix imo, but for the time being it looks like we'll only be conflicting with each other.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!