Main Menu

CA & CS

Started by Sikkem, March 20, 2011, 07:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sikkem

At what level do Combat Agility and Combat Stability drop way down the list if your not a tanking beastlord?

I have 18 of 38 atm and was wondering at 3000 aa's should I finish them of or get things like mental clarity etc?

Thanks

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Khauruk

3000 now?  I'd go ahead and get to 33 anyways.  A magelo would be helpful though to look for specific "holes" in your AAs that you might want to get before you spend a few weeks grinding defensives.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Sikkem on March 20, 2011, 07:29:58 PM
At what level do Combat Agility and Combat Stability drop way down the list if your not a tanking beastlord?

I have 18 of 38 atm and was wondering at 3000 aa's should I finish them of or get things like mental clarity etc?

Thanks

CS/CA I have decided to keep max reguardless if your a tanking BST or not. Tanks die, CC die, agro happens (If your trying to max your DPS like I assume you are), adds come into camp, and $h!t happens reguardless what measures you take to avoid being beat on. Would I lose sleep and max it ASAP if I was you....NO! But mabye buy one or two rank(s) of CA/CS then something else, and continue alternating.

At 3000 AA's your not gaining alot of DPS anyways with each rank or whatever DPS AA your trying to max.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on March 20, 2011, 09:10:50 PM
A magelo would be helpful though to look for specific "holes" in your AAs that you might want to get before you spend a few weeks grinding defensives.

Ahh sorry Khauruk just changes servers and forgot my sig would no longer work because of my name change, should be there now.

Any suggestions are much appreciated, I don't have time to play much outside of raids so I solo out an lotd when time permits and am getting 20 to 30 aa's a week but I'm in no rush just want to spend them wisely.

Mage, yeah think you could be right on the defensives thanks for the feedback guys.

Khauruk

I'd probably grab hastened empathic fury first, and maybe forceful rejuvenation (it's reasonable for short fights....the guild you are/will be with determines how common those are, and it's fairly cheap).  Then I'd go Armor of Wisdom and then the long-ass slog through defensives.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Quilly

Just curious, why armor of wisdom over CA / CS ? I thought BST AC softcap was really low?  Starting to work on CA / CS as well, and if armor of wisdom would be better, I can do that first...

Khauruk

Armor of wisdom gives you AC at the same time, and is pretty cheap.  Better bang for the buck.  Also, personally, if there's two lines of similar utility and I can entirely close one out pretty readily, I'd rather finish it first.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Welcome aboard, btw!  Good to see new faces.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Quilly

Thanks!  :-D Figured I would join up so I can ask questions.  Just got my "baby" Beastlord to 90, and wow I love the new spells! Now for more AA's / gear so I don't run low on mana so fast  :-P

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on March 21, 2011, 04:45:44 AM
I'd probably grab hastened empathic fury first, and maybe forceful rejuvenation (it's reasonable for short fights....the guild you are/will be with determines how common those are, and it's fairly cheap).  Then I'd go Armor of Wisdom and then the long-ass slog through defensives.

Thanks Khauruk,

I grabbed Armour of Wisdom whilst deciding on what to do next and after a few deaths on the last couple of raids I have decided to get the defensives.

I will have a look at the other 2 you have suggested and might use them to break up CA and CS a bit. The guild I have joined is doing early UF (queen and below atm) so if you think they will be more useful at theis stage let me know :)

Thanks again 

nedoirah

I've lived with my ca/cs maxxed since SoD. I've never looked back.

Karve

I maxed mine ages ago, been happily taking considerably less damaga than I used to too. AoW is next on the list :)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Jili

You leave Avatar of War alone Karve, he is all mine!

nedoirah

Quote from: Karve on March 23, 2011, 10:51:05 AM
I maxed mine ages ago, been happily taking considerably less damaga than I used to too.

To reinforce what Karve is saying, I've been tanking in the grounds a lot both before and after I maxxed my CA & CS for HoT and found that I did take a noticable difference in damage on the same mobs. Before I maxxed those 2, I couldn't even think about tanking named in there. Now I have taken down 1/2 dozen or so named while tanking.

Sikkem

Thanks for the feed back guys and gals, working on them now.  8-)