Main Menu

Merc Feecback: Bst+Bard+Merc Cleric+Merc ?

Started by Taladis, March 20, 2011, 08:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taladis

Greetings,

I recently reactivated my 76 bard and have been boxing her along with my Beastlord and merc Cleric.  I have been debating what merc to add for her.  I only currently have access to the J1 mercs.  I have heard of using a tank and healer merc combo but that the tank ones are weak from 80 to 85 and get better at 86.  I have heard about using 2 healers and setting one on reactive and one on balanced.  I guess I could also use a rogue instead for more dps since the Bard would benefit them alot. 

Any suggestions?  And what changes would you make based on level / merc progression?  Like use 2 healers for now and a tank / healer at 86+ or when I get J5 access etc.

Thanks!

Khauruk

Tanks are find from 80-85 in SoD content - they're only weak in Underfoot.

Frankly, depending on how you plan to level, any of those options could work well.  What do you see ahead of you for playstyle?  We can recommend accordingly then.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Taladis

Probably alot of "soloing" for now till at least 85 and probably beyond that in zones and maybe missions if I can swing it.  As much as Id love to group more it looks like till I clear a few levels I wont be and my bard needs levels and a ton of aa to catch up somewhat to my beast.  The guild I am currently in also is fairly small.

Katonis

Just wanted to put a notice that this was me.  I finally remembered my original login info from way back when and adjusted the email so I can use it again!

Khauruk

Bard does fill a lot of the weak spots on a beastlord for a box nowadays.  You should be able to do a lot with either 2 cleric mercs or a cleric and a tank merc.  A reasonable few of the progression missions readily with that setup, as well.  Try both - it only costs plat to switch.
TURNCOAT!!!!!