Main Menu

Lvl 85 AAXP'ing locations

Started by Rureen, September 14, 2011, 05:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rureen

Lvl 85, with ~3600 AA's, have been grinding away at some of the SoD solo quests. Plan is to not level until about 4500 or so AA. Am wondering where a good place to solo with or without basic lvl merc healer is. Current Hot zone was not working out for me, and my DPS seems a too low to make SoD zones efficient. Any suggestions? Sig should be up to date with AAs, Skills, gear.

Hzath

I think Riftseeker's Sanctum was the place at 85 if you wanted easy mass killing mindless exp.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Khauruk

Yes, RSS.  Depending on gear, Loping or Beza (or similar) may be good as well.  Similarly Valdeholm and possibly Thalassius.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Karve

SoF is good, Fortress / Beza.

Personally I went with levels and then AA's, as the level increase grants some serious survivability returns on the newer content and allows you to flatten higher content at a much better rate. The 88 pet is a world of pain on mobs.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Rureen

Spent about 1500 AA's worth of time in RSS, got kinda sick of it. Loping was okay, but finding a good camp was always iffy.  Will try some of the other areas you pointed out. Thanks for the suggestions, if you have any advice on "must have" AA's that I am missing, or any obvious gear problems, all input is welcome, main issue I am having right now is not having SoD/Underfoot/HoT progression done is ganking spell/augment availability.

I pretty much just solo, as my guild is dead (think I am the only remaining PM player that logs in anymore), and work/GF prevent regular play schedule.

Good to see folks are watching the board and providing positive helpful input as well.

nedoirah

In Loping Plains, I always went to the goblin camp (night-something) by the river. I have molo'ed the goblin camp right by the zone in from Steamfont.

The pit in Valdeholme is good though I can't remember at which point the aa exp gain drops off (level-wise I mean).

Khauruk

For Loping (for a lesson burn), I'd either

1) use the druid port in, and clear all the werewolfs along the wall heading to the worgs, run over to Orrel and kill that camp, run up to Bloodmoon and clear that area, run past worgs (camped too often) and start clearing the roamers and small camps heading towards Hills of Shade.

2) Alternately, I'd zone in from Steamfont, run to the goblin camp that's up there, clear it, run down and kill the zombies, run along that side wall (where the walkway back up to steamfont is), kill the small orc camp before the horses, kill the large orc camp in the corner past the horses, kill the roamers and small orc camp before the night-whatever goblins.  Then I'd clear those goblin camps, run down to the small orc camp by the river (3 spawn + 4 spawn iirc), cross the river and start the above path.

This was at 86+ w/ Tower gear though while grinding to 90, so you probably won't be able to kill so many.  I never sat there for more than 30-40 minutes at a time since I hate grinding.  I'd come back a couple times per day usually, and burn a pot and lesson that day.

Vald - should be good 'til 88 or so iirc, at least if you head to the way back of the zone where the higher level giants are.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Karve

Thought Vald seemed OK while I was camping the Guardian's Pouch , I was grouped with my twink wiz, levelled him from 60-80 while I was there.

nedoirah

Where was that damned Guardian's Pouch? I got one as a rot but can't remember where it was camped....

Karve

Jotik the Guardian in Valdeholm, the large 4 spawn room before the arena entrance. He can be any of the spawns either the 2 outer ones, or the 4 inner ones. Killfrenzy everything, platfarm it seems ok for as well as levelling twinks.  theres also an interesting shield/secondary aug drop here.