Main Menu

Bst+chanter+which tracker?

Started by Nadric, April 14, 2011, 03:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadric

Hey guys, my main is a bst and I box a chanter, I've been thinking about adding a tracker to the group because I like knowing when those wandering nameds are up. Which class would add the most to the group bard, druid or ranger? I'd like to be able to do as much group content as possible. I will probably be using 2 cleric mercs and 1 tank merc.

Khauruk

Druid is great if you want to keep a healer.  They can do a bit of dps, and allow you to go into older raid content, and provide far superior group healing (the shortcoming of mercs).

Bard is great to boost your dps, but a bit redundant in this setup.  If you were tanking and raid geared it might be worth it, but I'd still drop the enc for something else if you go w/ bard.

Ranger is pretty good.  Solid sustained dps, and slacking on nukes doens't drop the dps *that* much since atm their nukes are pretty tiny (I do less than 2k nuke damage on a burn on mine, when I'm burning for 28k).  If it's on a separate machine, you can use an autofire program w/ a good burn key to get very solid burn dps there.  It can also serve as a solid backup tank to the merc, too.  Hell, pretty similar tanking to the merc actually.  They still take a decent bit of work to do good dps on, but it's not too crazy.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

With your setup, I would go Druid and drop the 2nd Cleric Merc and add a Rogue Merc.

If you go Bard, I would drop Enchanter like Khauruk mentioned and add something else, but I personally would stay with Enchanter.

I don't like boxing 2 mellee so I personally wouldn't go Ranger as BST is already in your team. But some people have no issue's boxing 2 mellee so its a personal decision IMHO.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Hzath

I *LOVE* bst/bard combo, but like the other 2 already said having a bard and enchanter doesn't make the most sense.  If dropping the enc is on the table going brd/bst/ mag or wiz is my overall vote.

I would probably go druid if you want to keep the enc because you'll hate your cleric mercenaries sometimes.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

I Run beast  Ench sham now with Cleric bard and wizzy as a 2nd 3box set( 6box when feeling froggy) it works well and i can mix match

Must say my fave combo atm is the bst sham ench tho can mass pull and CC NP, lots and lots of DPS with 3 DPS merks( rogs) go go shammy melee boosting dps spells and epic.

Nadric

Thanks guys looks like druid got the most votes so ill try adding one of them. Blarp, do u use 3 dps mercs in HoT zones? Does ur shammy heal enough to keep ur bst tanking without the help of a healer merc?

Blarp

I can keep myself up with the shammy just fine yes, but i now have the shammy in full Convo gear with a few lower end Hot raid parts.

Yes 3 DPS merc's  it helps me save blarps mana for longer runs when i sit for 12 hours in 1 camp getting exp on alts and for friends.