Main Menu

Its that time again (AA suggestion thread)

Started by Chana, April 30, 2011, 03:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

About the pet attacking the target we're meleeing, what I'd like with it is that it constantly checks and makes the pet attack when we are, making the warder re-engage mezzed mobs etc. too, as they get woken up.
Mashing pet attack sucks for the times when multiple mobs are chain mezzed, and killed down one at a time...just an example where it'd be useful :)

As for more ideas...I'll have to do some more thinking :)

Zorthaz

With slow becoming less and less effective, how about we get an AA that would increase the stun timer on the pet's procs?  Something like 5 AA to increase the stun duration .5 seconds.   Three levels would cap at 1.5 base + 1.5 second increase from AA to 3.0 seconds duration on the stun.  This would help off set slow being mitigated.
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Zorthaz

Everyone want to see the warder's DPS increased.  How about an AA that would allow the warder to crit procs?

Zorthaz

Bring back the two handers...give us AA to increase the chance to double attack/triple attack using a big two handers.  Knights got these types of AAs in the past so the code exists.

Zorthaz

How about an AA that progressively increases the damage you do to a mob until the mob dies or you switch targets.  Call it "going rabid".  This would really be useful on big raid targets that take a long time to kill.  The different levels of the AA could either change the starting damage modifier or change the rate at which the damage modifier progresses.

thor

Quote from: Zorthaz on May 11, 2011, 06:58:09 PM
Bring back the two handers...give us AA to increase the chance to double attack/triple attack using a big two handers.  Knights got these types of AAs in the past so the code exists.
All Classes (that can use) but beastlords Have those same Two-Hander AA that Knights do but they have different Names

Zorthaz

How about a leash AA...it would keep your warder with you within leash length no matter what the difference is between your personal run speed and your pet.  How many times have you been running through the wilds of Norrath only to get aggro and have to engage a mob and have your pet arrive too late to provide any support (DPS, hobble, discs,...)?

Zorthaz

How about a Warder Protection AA.  You tell the pet to protect a character.  The pet will act notmally unless the character on the warder's protect list is attacked.  The pet immediately switches on taunt and attacks the protected character's attacker.  If the character backs away the pet should gain aggro and tank the mob.  I could see this beeing helpful if you have some squishy characters in your group on multiple-mob pulls.

Nusa

Quote from: Zorthaz on May 11, 2011, 08:03:07 PM
How about a leash AA...it would keep your warder with you within leash length no matter what the difference is between your personal run speed and your pet.  How many times have you been running through the wilds of Norrath only to get aggro and have to engage a mob and have your pet arrive too late to provide any support (DPS, hobble, discs,...)?

The "Summon Companion" AA already covers the scenario you present...it's instant-cast, so you can use it while moving.

Orbus1

Something to make our Attack the Warders and Feralgia pets attack. It sucks that we have extensions for the aa's and when the mob they are on dies they won't attack another unless we get hit , and of course that can suck if there are AE's happening. Those pets should automatically go into ghold mode after the initial mob is dead, and then maybe have them mirrior our warder so when we tell him to attack they do also.

Hzath

Quote from: Orbus1 on May 11, 2011, 09:04:51 PM
Something to make our Attack the Warders and Feralgia pets attack.

This one is a high priority for mages too.  It requires code support is the reason we don't have it yet.  I'm definitely hoping to see it added.

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: thor on May 11, 2011, 07:53:04 PM
Bring back the two handers...give us AA to increase the chance to double attack/triple attack using a big two handers.  Knights got these types of AAs in the past so the code exists.
All Classes (that can use) but beastlords Have those same Two-Hander AA that Knights do but they have different Names

Unless I am terrible blind, we do not have an AA line to enhance 2h weapons. It's one of the requests I have asked for sense TBS.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Khauruk on May 11, 2011, 01:05:50 AM
Please keep the thread to AA ideas.  If you want to bring up spells/discs, there is a thread for that already.

And please - more AA ideas.  The bst community must have more than the couple presented here.  Brainstorm new things!  Not like you're spending all your time playing right now :/

Sorry Khauruk  :-o

Quote from: Hzath on May 11, 2011, 10:47:52 PM
Quote from: Orbus1 on May 11, 2011, 09:04:51 PM
Something to make our Attack the Warders and Feralgia pets attack.
This one is a high priority for mages too.  It requires code support is the reason we don't have it yet.  I'm definitely hoping to see it added.

I like this one also....And seeings that the coding would help multiple classes....Mabye they can squeeze this one in.

Quote from: Zorthaz on May 11, 2011, 07:52:51 PM
How about an AA that progressively increases the damage you do to a mob until the mob dies or you switch targets.  Call it "going rabid".  This would really be useful on big raid targets that take a long time to kill.  The different levels of the AA could either change the starting damage modifier or change the rate at which the damage modifier progresses.

I like this idea, but make it group, I want more utility! (A Splurt for Mellee) :-D

Quote from: AbyssalMage on May 12, 2011, 04:59:58 AM

Unless I am terrible blind, we do not have an AA line to enhance 2h weapons. It's one of the requests I have asked for sense TBS.

I still want this one, its not like they have to code it or anything.

Quote from: Zunar on May 11, 2011, 02:54:21 PM
About the pet attacking the target we're meleeing, what I'd like with it is that it constantly checks and makes the pet attack when we are, making the warder re-engage mezzed mobs etc. too, as they get woken up.
Mashing pet attack sucks for the times when multiple mobs are chain mezzed, and killed down one at a time...just an example where it'd be useful :)

An AA that makes a pet re-engage a NPC after mez wears off would be awsome (assuming he isn't focused or all other targets are eliminated/mez'd). I know this is another one that would benefit multiple classes.

Quote from: Zorthaz on May 11, 2011, 06:50:36 PM
With slow becoming less and less effective, how about we get an AA that would increase the stun timer on the pet's procs?  Something like 5 AA to increase the stun duration .5 seconds.   Three levels would cap at 1.5 base + 1.5 second increase from AA to 3.0 seconds duration on the stun.  This would help off set slow being mitigated.

I love this, brings more utility back in groups.

*** New Idea(s) ***
Bst AA
Group Buff (Non-MGB, Short buff window) that increases Ice/Poison Direct Damage by x% for 3 tic's
"A poisonouse fog of frost surrounds you"
Note - To give us another niche in groups/raids.

Shm/Bst/Druid/Rng AA
Group Buff (2 tic's, MGB, Normal Window, unresistable) 50% miss/everyone affected
"A dense fog surrounds the area, making it nearly impossible to see your foe"
Note - (a) You have a 50% chance of not being hit (Reguardless of how "squishy" you are i.e. defensives , mod 2's, or AC, this check is done after strikethrough). (b) You have a 50% chance of missing your target (Same as the NPC, check is done after Strikethrough). (c) Buff can't be removed. This is an, "Oh crap button" so you have to wait for the crap to clear up kinda thing. (d) Short duration (i.e. can't be affected by AA lines) and gives just enouph time for a heal to land, agro to be reset to the correct person, and things to get back in order. (d) Doesn't totally save you, you still have a 50% chance to become lunch meat/wipe.

Shm/Bst AA
Stasis for Bst/Shm. Call it something more class appropriate but basically roots/removes us from combat while making us invunerable. We should be able to slip into the "spirit" realm like Chanty's do what ever it is that Chanty's do while in Stasis.
"You slip into the realm of spirits for guidance"
Note - Copy/paste basically with a new name/description.

All AA
Skill Focus: Riptose (3 tic's, short duration buff window)
"You become aware of your opponents attacks and find it easier to deflect them back upon them"
Notes - (a) They wont give us a Riptose disc, but mabye they will give us an AA that increases our skill temporarily. Its a long shot, but they gave us FD after how many expansions? (b) There are plenty of skills I am sure players would loved to be able to Focus, even if temperarily.

Racial AA's
Something that makes the races stand out again before Sony took over. There should be advantages/disadvantages to playing your race. They shouldn't be so great as to be detrimental in a group/raid or to preform your class role if you didn't choose "race x" but their was a time that you chose Ogre for immunity to Stun, Vah Shir for Sneak, Troll for regen, Iksar for ac/regen or a "large" race for smash. Please bring some of this uniqueness back to the game.

Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Hzath

Quote from: AbyssalMage on May 12, 2011, 06:43:04 AM

*** New Idea(s) ***
Bst AA
Group Buff (Non-MGB, Short buff window) that increases Ice/Poison Direct Damage by x% for 3 tic's
"A poisonouse fog of frost surrounds you"
Note - To give us another niche in groups/raids.

I think this idea makes more sense as a self only AA like the mage core lines.  I'm not against dps enhancing utility, I LOVE nature's fury, I think this just sort of works against NF in a way.  We're the only class that would gain a strong benefit from clicking it in a melee dps group, and moving us with casters gives up nature's fury from the melee.  Spreading ourselves out into too many areas could lead us into problems we saw in the past.  I love it as self only though, I've been saying we need a way to boost spell damage for years.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

thor

Quote from: AbyssalMage on May 12, 2011, 04:59:58 AM

Thats why i said but Beastlords