Main Menu

Its that time again (AA suggestion thread)

Started by Chana, April 30, 2011, 03:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

Quote from: thor on May 12, 2011, 11:32:53 AM
Quote from: AbyssalMage on May 12, 2011, 04:59:58 AM
Quote from: thor on May 11, 2011, 07:53:04 PM
Quote from: Zorthaz on May 11, 2011, 06:58:09 PM
Bring back the two handers...give us AA to increase the chance to double attack/triple attack using a big two handers.  Knights got these types of AAs in the past so the code exists.
All Classes (that can use) but beastlords Have those same Two-Hander AA that Knights do but they have different Names

Unless I am terrible blind, we do not have an AA line to enhance 2h weapons. It's one of the requests I have asked for sense TBS.
Thats why i said but Beastlords
Time for new glasses  :wink:
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Gatash

Quote from: Hzath on May 12, 2011, 08:44:48 AM
Quote from: AbyssalMage on May 12, 2011, 06:43:04 AM

*** New Idea(s) ***
Bst AA
Group Buff (Non-MGB, Short buff window) that increases Ice/Poison Direct Damage by x% for 3 tic's
"A poisonouse fog of frost surrounds you"
Note - To give us another niche in groups/raids.

I think this idea makes more sense as a self only AA like the mage core lines.  I'm not against dps enhancing utility, I LOVE nature's fury, I think this just sort of works against NF in a way.  We're the only class that would gain a strong benefit from clicking it in a melee dps group, and moving us with casters gives up nature's fury from the melee.  Spreading ourselves out into too many areas could lead us into problems we saw in the past.  I love it as self only though, I've been saying we need a way to boost spell damage for years.

I don't raid at all, so please excuse any ignorance on that part. From my perspective this would be great as I group a lot with a shammy and an SK tank, so it would benefit both of those classes, as well as me, and compliment NF well considering its reuse time.

If this skill could be MGB'ed and/or could affect weapon procs (whether innate to weapon or sham/bard spell) then could it still work without preventing bsts from being included in melee groups? I don't know how the coding works in terms of weapon procs, whether that would be feasible. Also, I don't know how often you have an MGB up and ready to go - is it tied up in paragon/bst buffing?

Many of the vocal players happen to be raiders, and in a lot of cases the skills do actually scale down very well to group players (thanks! :) ). I would hate to see this skill dismissed purely on a raid basis though unless it causes real problems in that department (in which case I concede), because it would be nice for a group bst to be able to choose NF/this skill depending on the group makeup on short burns; these can actually be the difference between victory or wipe for us.

Can it be tailored for both types of players?

Hzath

What if it was something like the druid epic clicky (debuff on the mob which increases incoming spell damage) with only an ice and/or poison spell type restriction and had 10-20 counters.  It would work out basically the same only making it easier on us by not requiring us to be in or target the caster group, while the hit counters prevent it from going nuts in a raid situation.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Gatash

From my perspective, that's the ideal solution to all of the aforementioned problems :)

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Hzath on May 13, 2011, 12:01:59 AM
What if it was something like the druid epic clicky (debuff on the mob which increases incoming spell damage) with only an ice and/or poison spell type restriction and had 10-20 counters.  It would work out basically the same only making it easier on us by not requiring us to be in or target the caster group, while the hit counters prevent it from going nuts in a raid situation.

Anything works for me personally. Trying to get the creative juices flowing with idea's that Sony wont imiadiatly shoot down and that would benefit the community.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Zebrn Beasword

I'd really like something that would put 2hb in line or slightly below h2h.. Monk's get something that increases it don't they?
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Khauruk

Quote from: Zebrn Beasword on May 15, 2011, 03:57:29 PM
I'd really like something that would put 2hb in line or slightly below h2h.. Monk's get something that increases it don't they?

No dual-wield class has 2h as a normally viable option for dps.  It's only better when you're upgrading a weapon by several content tiers at once.

For us, it's w/in about 15% of h2h dps (when I parsed HoT t2 2hb vs. h2h), and much closer for 1hb/piercing vs. 2hb.  For rangers, it's w/in about 8%.  Not sure on monks, but probably similar to rangers.

The thing is though, the better our mainhand gets, the better 2hb gets relative to h2h - more triple attack, flurry mods, double attack....these all boost 2hb more than they boost h2h.  It's at the point now that situationally 2h is better than 1h on a ranger (when they have ferocity and bard, and the nice triple attack and flurry mods those give), and probably always better w/ NF on.

It's highly very extremely unlikely that devs will boost 2h more for any non-zerker/knight classes though.  It's a secondary configuration that's more of a toy than anything.  The main reason being that it only requires 1 weapon to be looted and one aug versus 2 weapons and 2 augs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Ranar

thanks for gathering the info Chana ..

I cant remeber if this been asked for in the other thread .. an aa i would like to see is a reverse companion relocation aa ... I'm sure its been asked for before over the years .. since we beastlords are fighting in the thick of battle .. unlike our other 2 main pet classes .. an aa that allows us to pull our pet to ourside to fight a mob sidebyside would be welcomed.... it would work same as companion relocation , but instead of tossing the pet 15' (or whatever the value is) infront of us .. It would toss the pet 15' behind us .. so the pet would end up beside us... would allow us to keep push going where we want , keep pet at rear of mob , etc...

there is ways around this to accomplish the desired results with the aa's / abilities we have at present ... just think a 1 click aa be a nice addition , and allow more control of our pets..

Vidyne

The later ranks of Summon Companion do this already?

Ranar

it does pull pet to owner yes.. seems to me he ends up on the side of the mob when i use it .. it could just be me /shrug.. i was just thinking if it tossed the pet some distance behind us might prove more useful then the summon .... haveing the 3 options i think be nice .. if not is no biggie just an idea.

Vidyne

Point noted, more distance would help keep pet straight

Yoggi

I would personally like to see a 4th spire that is more useful than the spires we have.... one that would increase Flurry mod by x% and maybe spell crits by x% same duration as other spires...   that way we dont have to be with a bard or have tribute running to actually get a flurry.

I like the idea of the ice/poison debuff on the mob .... give it the 3 min reuse like the epics

Would love to have the 2hander AAs along the same line as the rangers wouldnt be bad .. but that would be more for playing around with the toys than anything else... unless they are willing to come off a riposte disc I wouldnt rank this one too high on my list of things i wanted

An AA that increases the damage done with Empathic Fury either by Crit mod or base hit damage increase

More Triple attack is always good

Flurry AAs would be great as well

We all know we need a boost to the pet DPS ... Make the 4th spire effect the pet  as well  or even make it a group buff .. .that would give more utility for raid groups

Click image for Magelo

[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul was hit by non-melee for 16981
[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Yoggi scores a critical hit! (16978)
Proud Officer/RL of SoS
80 Beastlord of Maelin

Blarp

a guildy bst and i was talking abgoult 4th spires... we both think a RIpo spire would rock... would not be OP with us not haveing 2h focus's plus even if we got them they be so low it really wouldent matter. it be just another Deff/ play item... personal i love the thought of pulling 30 mobs in Kes library Ripoing the all down useing h2h weps.... sounds fun lol.

Nusa

I like the riposte idea...it has both a defensive AND an offensive function when used! Offensively, it would likely give us an excuse to keep a 2H weapon around despite its shortcomings, as those classes with riposte discs already know. Delay is irrelevant for riposte's, only damage matters.

Ranar

IMO the 4th spire should be a combination of sorts ... considering the the number of total aa's spent just to be able to purchese the aa (54 aa's to max out 3rd spire? if my math right)..
so the 4th should be a big bonus to us ... I'm thinking it should be a combination of all our spires (with a added bonus maybe spell mod,or something).... i know most of us are max aa's ,but just thinking if something costs so much .. then the return should equal the cost ...

also if the 4th spire is just a toy buff.. whats the reason to get it .. I've yet to get 3rd spire myself cuase of the pointless use of it.. i have 5k aa's yet still havnt bought it ) hehe

just my 2 cents