Main Menu

Light sources

Started by nedoirah, May 07, 2011, 09:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedoirah

When I first upgraded my helm to the Lucid Wildroar helm, I had the Charm of the Elusive Eidolon with the restriction of fewer light sources for more power from the HoT vendor in Feerrott about 3 weeks ago. It never acted as though the helm was a light source but then I got killed about 1 week ago and after being gated to the lobby where I was bound, suddenly my charm was acting as the helm is a light source. Anyone have any ideas?

I did check the charm's stats after I equipped the helm and there was no change originally but after that death then the change was there.

Khauruk

More than a week ago - it was the March patch I think, maybe April.  And yes, this is intended...it let them nerf the charm (since it was better than most dropped charms) w/o directly nerfing it.  Silly way to do it but /shrug.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bobokatt1970

Aye annoying.  Now consider that on my necro I have both the lucid helm AND the Necro's 2.0 which have both light sources.  Since I have not bothered to hunt for a replacement charm, it's actually like 950/950 or so with 2 light sources.. grr.  I was shocked when I saw it.  For us BST's it's not so bad.  What is the other option... the one that grows in power the more hungry you are? Is that the only one? I would HATE to see that freaking message over and over again.. you are out of food, you are starving.  Is there an other option?

Ranar

one off nesse in MC is good charm .. is based off  class specific gear... think called fly fisherman something or some such

Karve

I have a charm from Princess Klaknak, its pretty good, not the best but had more reliable stats then the eidolon charm as that was pretty crap when I first got one. No idea if they changed it.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=94440

Professional Mad Bastard.

Khauruk

iirc Klaknak is the best for those w/ cultural armor also.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Thanks. Yeah the hunger charm is probably the one I will go after but it"s hard for me to find a group to get since I'm on so rarely anymore.

EDITTED for spelling. Cellphones are nice for checking posts... not making them.