Main Menu

Idea for illusion AA

Started by Zunar, December 16, 2010, 08:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

I was just thinking how much I like playing a hybrid class, like the beastlord, able to do many things like dps, tank, heal, and some limited pulling skills.
Then we have this AA called spell casting subtlety, which I will never buy, because it goes against the nature of a hybrid, to be pushed and forced toward playing like a caster only.
If I was interested to only maximize dps, where this AA is nice, honestly I would play a wizard, zerker or maybe a rogue.
My idea is that we're given a second pact of the wurine AA, which includes this effect like spell casting subtlety.
Make it called Pact of the arcane wurine, or something.
This way we could choose when SCS is turned on, or when it's not, and we aren't forced to buy an AA to maximize dps on raids etc, and at the same time minimize our ability to hold agro when we want to (those of us who like to play a hybrid class to it's fullest imo, and enjoy tanking too)

Blarp

this AA keeps me alive on raids even with it i steal ahte off the MT  with out even trying But yes we do need a way to toggle it on and off.

Ranar

when the aa first came out i was worried about losing the ability to tank for grps if i bought it ... i've had the aa's since they came out , and i have no problem getting aggro if i want it .. heck i wouldnt mind a couple more ranks actually ) .. hehe ....   we generate alot of hate when clicking max buttons .. I know a toggle would be a nice change to the aa for our class, but i dont see the aa keeping us from tanking ... just remeber not to click asp/ CS ..

Zunar

Quote from: Ranar on December 17, 2010, 12:11:06 AM
when the aa first came out i was worried about losing the ability to tank for grps if i bought it ... i've had the aa's since they came out , and i have no problem getting aggro if i want it .. heck i wouldnt mind a couple more ranks actually ) .. hehe ....   we generate alot of hate when clicking max buttons .. I know a toggle would be a nice change to the aa for our class, but i dont see the aa keeping us from tanking ... just remeber not to click asp/ CS ..

Have you tried tanking in a group with a wizard, zerker, rogue or even another bst? lol

nedoirah

ROFL

1. wizard - yes kept agro fairly well though he was trying to make sure he didn't steal agro form me
2. Zerker - no
3. rogue - yes both merc and live rogues. Most are lesser geared than myself
4. another bst - yes same as rogue

I don't have this aa so I use our other deagro aa to lose it if needed. But I still manage to outagro warriors and pallies and even a few times a sk.

Back to the topic at hand I will NOT buy this aa unless it has a toggle. That's just my feelings on the issue. I usually tank or at least off-tank in my groups. A lot of the time I'm solo/boxing so agro is important to my poorly aa'd shaman. He just needs a few defensives. I like the Wurine idea but i think a simple optional rank or even a separate aa to toggle it would be better. However getting loaded down with clicks is a pitfall to our class. I stopped counting how many we have...

Ranar

yes ive tanked with wiz,zerk,rog.. holding aggro is not all on the tanker.. its not like were tanking raid mobs.(which ive done)... talking strictly about the aa. i wouldnt let it scare you.. its not a big aggro dropper....

Eatmice

i use the type 7/8 aug from Brells Rest to help with agro. i have 2 raid ranges. one has the lifetap proc from casting and the other has calming effect from casting. i die alot less with the calming proc when i do burns.  I dont have scs either.

Orbus1

I finally broke down and bought the aa since I had nothing left and I have not noticed any difference in groups regarding aggro.