Main Menu

Odd Multi-boxing practices

Started by DiosT, January 28, 2004, 03:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiosT

one of my female friends loves to multi-box, and the way she does it is odd...

She'll sit in her chair, and have 2 keyboardsin front of her, and 1-2 on the ground, and use both her hands and feet at times to multi-box ! O_o

Then again.. she does a LOT of weird things--both in EQ and out, but those arn't for a PG-13 forum :-P :snicker:

You all have any odd multiboxing practices?

I'll see if i can dig up some old pictures of my setup...

Kashmiir Battlekat

DiosT

http://diost.com/images/setup/oldkeyboardsetup.gif>

Thats my old setup, used almost exclusively the keyboards for my 3rd-4th box (and the 5th EQW box)

3-4 were casters, 1-2 were melee, so casters didnt need much targeting, would target with box 1-2, /assist in hotkeys for 3-4, my entire group was controlled by my rogue and beastlord...

Shaman slowed the rogue's target, enchanter mezed the beastlord's target as needed (enchanter also had a mouse ready if needed, but i prefer to hit '2' then move and manipulate the mouse)

My keyboard setup let me hit any of the keyboards quickly and with no reaching, All the number rows were really close to eachother, so could hit them quickly and efficently... I prefered my L-shape desk setup over the straight setup kash showed, my setup, if you have an L-table, lets you have your 2 main keyboards right on top of eachother.. the 2 middle keyboards where basically 'connected' if you will, move up 4-5 rows on your keyboard and you can control the other toon...

also had the TV on a seperate table, with space between 2 monitors to watch it, or play console games for a break :-D

Anyway, if you are serious aobut 2-3 boxing, and havnt thoughtabout it, look at the L-shaped desks with the pull out keyboards...

and just to clarity, the keyboard 'above' the pull out section is my gateway 2000 extended keyboard, which bridges the gap that typically will be in an "L" shaped desk, but with the keyboard in the shelf pulled out most of the way, it doesnt matter--I have room to type on either keyboard...

Phanq

I have kind of the same setup as DiosT, only not as many computers.  I just have a desktop and a laptop.  The laptop sits on the desk, with my monitor for the desktop elevated behind it.  I have a full keyboard for the laptop on the desk in front of it, then the keyboard for the desktop on a pullout tray.  Unfortunately, I don't have the funds for a setup like DiosT.  Very nice.

By the way, Kash, what's a Nostromo N52?
Phanq - 51st Season - Beastlord - The Rathe server

DiosT

I buy a computer every 1 1/2-2 years, and avoid 'recycling'...

result is, after 10 years, i have parts for 7 computers roughly... (5 plus 2 i got free)

P4 3.0GHz -- most recent
P4 2.4GHz Laptop
Athlon 1700
Dual p3 533MHz Server
P3 533MHz
P2 400 MHz
P2 233MHz

The 3 best video cards i have are the GeForce FX 5900 ultra, GeForce Ti 4200 128MB, and a 3D Prophet 4500 64MB, after that i get to generic 32MB cards and such

and again, i just buy a new computer + monitor every 1 1//2 to 2 years, and dont overclock much, so computer has a very nice life, I think only recently have I had some thigns die on me, a CRT Monitor & one of my server's processors

Incite

I have 4 PCs, 3 of which I use for EQ.  3 of 4 PCs I have connected to a KVM switch, but with the 2nd PC having it's own monitor.  PCs 3 and 4 share a monitor, which is not ideal.  I hope to go to all flatscreens soon.  In the mean time I need a monitor output cable that splits into two ends ... anyone know of where I'd get such a thing?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Beakerr

check out www.xkeys.com  I've found them to be well worth the money spent.  

I've also seen something in one of the computer magazines that I read that I'm curious if anyone has used before.... Gads.. now I have to go look it up..  Hold on..

/em plays hold music...

I hate elevator music.. Sorry for the delay.  It's the Belkin Nostromo Speedpad n52 (it's the latest in the series of gamepads used for running macros etc).  I've looked at it a few times in the magazine thinking it looked neat but wasn't sure if it would be usable or not...

also, I hate to say it, but I also use xylobot at times to save my fingers.  Now that I"m just 2 boxing I use it to autojoin when someone invites me or my bot.  I'm just lazy :)
Beakerr - Beastlord and Rowlf - Bot
             or
Cefu - Short and Grumpy

Wokka Wokka
Maelin Starpyre

Jaeren

Many bards use the Nostomo speed pads for twisting. Other people use them as well and i think a few people in this forum have explained their setup with them.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Bulge

My setup, explained in detail in my "5-boxing"post:

Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.