Main Menu

retirement

Started by nedoirah, October 29, 2011, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedoirah

After much consideration, I am seriously thinking about fully retiring from the game. I have played EQ for the past 10 years now and despite a new expansion coming out in the next few weeks, not only doesn't it look promising but my desire to continue playing the game has deminished considerably.

School has taken an increasingly large amount of my time and even though I will be graduating after the next term I find myself still at a loss for EQ.

Granted EQ has been a fairly large part of my life for the past 10 years and has been a lot of fun. I still find myself at a point of being ready to leave. I still love the class and my mains but it's not enoough anymore. There was even a time when I enjoyed raiding but that's gone now too. My guild has suffered too many losses of hardcore players or even those willing to put in the time to raid. Our alliances with other raiding guilds has died too. The raiding requirements posted by other guilds are out of my reach and server transfers cost too much money that I don't have. As a result I settled for the group game. This new expansion doesn't look promising even for the group game but that's not the primary reason I'm making this decision. Time is against me too. School takes up too much of that as well as my present schedule.

In short, I don't see EQ offering me enough to want to keep playing anymore and make the time in my life for it. Unless anyone can give me reason enough to stay, I doubt very much I will.

It's been a pleasant time with all my beastlord brothers and sisters. I'll drop by and say hi every so often.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

That was a pretty long-winded non-decision. I noticed you carefully avoided making one.

Re: new expansion....those who actually know can't talk about it, you know. Those that talk about it are just predicting doom and gloom like they do EVERY expansion...don't listen to the trolls (easily identified by their HUGE post counts if you don't know who they are...some of them spend more time trolling than playing games).

nedoirah

Quote from: Nusa on October 30, 2011, 11:14:48 PM
That was a pretty long-winded non-decision. I noticed you carefully avoided making one.

Re: new expansion....those who actually know can't talk about it, you know. Those that talk about it are just predicting doom and gloom like they do EVERY expansion...don't listen to the trolls (easily identified by their HUGE post counts if you don't know who they are...some of them spend more time trolling than playing games).

I am in beta for VoA so I get to see what is going on first-hand. All I can say is I don't like the changes being made.

As for my decision, I have made one. I'm no longer actively playing though for a few more months I will keep my accounts active in the case school, work, and home life permits me to play and I actually care to log in.

nedoirah

Due to a mistake in billing, probably on my part, (at least it is in SoE's eyes) two of my accounts are active for now. I did however manage to cancel my bst account. I wish it wasn't but it was the only one that did work right when I cancelled them. All of my accounts are cancelled now. I might peek my head in just to say hi/bye to old friends. I'm no longer playing actively and won't likely return unless a lot of thinigs change.

On a side note, I'm trying to take this time off from work and school to complete the bst aa chart. I can't remember who posted the early days VoA beta aa counts but I need up-to-date counts for each new rank. Feel free to message them to me in here or at my [email protected] e-mail address. Just title it ~bst aa~ so I know it's not spam and accidentally delete it.