Main Menu

Chanter vs bard

Started by Nadric, April 04, 2012, 09:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadric

Hey guys I just came back from a short break and was going to start my box group up again. Right now I have bst (main) Druid (healer) Mage (don't like mages but coh makes life easier) and a chanter (cc). My question is will a bard have enough cc to get this group through hot and voa progression if I replace the enchanter with one? Also what would be a good replacement for the mage if I do decide to get rid of him?

nedoirah

I play a bst/shm duo and have managed most HoT content just fine with a healer/tank merc. Both have their benefits and I don't play either one so I'm not one to list them. Pure casters aren't my style. I prefer melee or hybrids mostly.

I'm sure the others here will come by eventually and make comments but if not there are topics in here that talk about the different teams/boxes for a bst.

Nusa

Both classes have their strong points, but Bard is probably easier to box than chanter. However, since you already have a chanter, why switch?

Mages are great dps with utility...so the only reason to switch would be if you like something else better. Since it's a "like" situation, only you can answer that question.

Nadric

I have a bard as well as my chanter, they are both still on there way to catching up with my bst. Chanter is 80 with about 125aa and bard is 71 with about 250aa they both still need alot of work so I could go with either one. Honestly I would prefer to use the bard but I'm not sure if their crowd control will be able to get me through all the group progression missions.

bobokatt1970

Personally I'd stick to your mage in that group.  I've done much of HoT and finishing off VoA with my mage, necro and chanter.  My BST which is my main is now secondary really, I don't even bother to use him. I still prefer my chanter to a Bard that I have access to, but that's simply from the fact I have no idea how to play a bard and have been playing my chanter for 9 years.  For boxing I look at which chars are the easiest to box using macros, or combos and keyboard commands.  The fact of having to move in an actual melee class and have to keep agro and facing the mob yada yada makes me sick.  The mage is far superior in boxing than a bst, at least in my opinion and in fact any pet class is what I prefer when I box.  And in that regard I hear bards with melody etc, are even better than Chanters and they dps they add through their songs is something else.

But as others have stated, if you know how to play a chanter or would actually have to make a NEW bard and level him... god.. stick to the chanter.

Khauruk

I love chanters, but frankly, go with bard.  Particularly with the nerf to Mez Mastery inc to live in a week or so (it won't work w/ PBAEs anymore).  Bard adds more dps, can outpull anything, is good enough at CC, and is the easiest box there is.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nadric

Ok thanks guys, Ill start leveling the bard. Once he gets to 85 ill give HoT progression a shot and see how it goes.