Main Menu

HoT tasks

Started by nedoirah, April 15, 2012, 06:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedoirah

Ok I know I've been gone for several months. I know that SoE was planning a nerf to the exp gain from HoT tasks. I know it was put into play. I logged in with my free to play accounts today and did A Tearable Fear just for kicks.

They really nerfed the exp gain from the task completion. My 90 bst w/ almost 3100 aa, my 90 shm w/ nearly 2k aa and my 82 warrior w/ nearly 850 aa did this task just to see how much exp they'd get in case I wanted to return full-time. It was PATHETIC!!! My bst normally gets 2-4 aa per task and my shm got something like 8 aa and my warrior was getting 20 aa but her aa count was really low and today I did reg exp for her. My bst got 1 aa, my shm got 2 aa and my warrior's reg exp bar didn't even move. Between that and the aa counting screw-ups, I'm not even sure if I want to come back full-time, even if it's free.

kharthai

Maybe you should set up somewhere comfortable and kill for X time, and see if the experience you get from that is tolerable.  The task exp nerf was significant but there's more than one way to skin a vah shir. 

Of course if you don't find it enjoyable, no real reason not to do something else.

nedoirah

I'm not familiar with the new VoA zones and the HoT zones are getting boring now. I suppose I could work on my hunter achievements but I usually loathe camping namers. I remember camping one for 4 days without a spawn. The sit back and pull to kill is kind of old for me atm and I don't want the wide gap between my bst/shm and warrior to keep getting wider.

bst 90 w/ almost 3100 aa and full t4 HoT group gear and assorted good augs

shm 90 w/ almost 2k aa and full t4 HoT group gear with assorted ok augs

warrior 82 w/ almost 850 aa and t1-t2 HoT group gear with not-so-ok augs

My bst is the heart and soul of my box group because she is so good and was listed in the top 40 for everything for her server on eqplayers before VoA came out. My shm has really come out and proved himself as a healer with nearly all heal aa maxxed except for duration heals. I just wish there was a better reduction for the reuse timer for VP. A lot can happen in that minute between VP casts. However he can't take a hit yet since I've avoided his defensives for the time being, opting for heals instead. My warrior has come into play only after both the shm and bst were maxxed in HoT gear. She is getting her defensives worked up but she is a long way away from being a real tank. Maybe I should have opted for a different dps class...

Point being: bst does really good dps and can off-tank when needed, shm is nearly irreplaceable with his heals and support spells, (slows and debuffs) and the warrior requires the support of one or both of the others. Bst can tank in up to t2 HoT content easily with only the use of a single healer merc and possibly (haven't tried it yet) shm can heal a tank merc with the support of a lvl 82 healer merc in the same content. My other option is to single play my warrior with a healer merc in a lower lvl zone and get her aa count up to par. I wonder what the hotzone for 80-85 is...?