Main Menu

It's that time again for new AA ideas

Started by Zunar, May 03, 2012, 04:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

Elidroth wrote:

"Time to spin up the AA machine..

Let's start hearing your ideas for new ones, upgrades, changes, etc."

So, lets discuss and post ideas, good ones, bad ones, random ones, fun ones, upgrades, changes/fixes, whatever you can imagine, given it's atleast remotely feasible to add to our class :)

Zunar

Blessing of Spirit
activated self only AA, that instantly adds some mana....with atleast a 10 minute reuse timer.
With other classes geting one or another form of mana regain AA, maybe we, as beastlords, could use something like this for ourselves to be able to situationally dump some mana without siting and medding.
Our nukes aren't great, and we go oom fast when chaining them...I realize this won't matter much for the group game, except for those fast paced groups where you chain pull all the time and never med up, but for raids it means we can be more useful again for a while after we go out of mana from nuking.

Orbus1

Quote"With other classes geting one or another form of mana regain AA, maybe we, as beastlords, could use something like this for ourselves to be able to situationally dump some mana without siting and medding."
While I don't mind more mana, I can see the instant response: Beastlords already have Paragon of Spirit and Focused Paragon for higher regen  why should they get more?....I think we would be better off asking for higher regen on those two and/or shorter recast timers.

I also still liked the idea from before about Rks of warders, Rk 1 is base warder, Rk 2 they come equipped with weapons and rk 3 they come equipped with weapons and armor, or even possibly give us two warder spells, one is high defense and one is high offense and we can use either one or the other depending on the situation.

I know we have been told no about new slow spells but maybe an AA to make Sha an AE?

Would be cool to adapt Cheetah to jump to where you are looking, up or down not just in a straight line.

I am sure there are more, we probably need to look at last years post too to see what was there that we liked but didn't get.

Mordeb42

As far as slow goes, you think it would be possible to get a copy of the UF or scaled down version of shammy slow that has a hot recourse on it?

Passive AAs:
I would like to see something in claw specialization for hand to hand weapons.
AA that would give all our swarm pets some sort of cold proc.  This could be done by having them summoned with a weapon or an innate proc.
Passive AA to let our warders get the benefit from our healing AAs.

Passive AA, Pet pounce.  When our pet is a in guard stance and told to attach it leaps forth with a large melee attack when it begins combat.

Mazame

Slow. Be it a spell or an AA I like to get a slow that not knocked off by rog proc slow.

Yes we hve paragon and FP.. but often I using those to feed other. we are part shammy so  let learn to eat our arm off or channel spirit some that a self only  Mana refill.  the worest is dieing on a raid and then your out the rest of the raid trying to rebuff and make a new pet. if not to burn with but to get us back up after a death would be nice. maybe even have it so that can only be used with reseffect on. that way once res we could click it get 80% mana  makea pet andthen get back into th action to help.

My 3rd one would be some thing to do with pets. every class is poping out pets left and right these days. for being a pet class I feel that used to be some thing to make us stand out now every class has swarm pets.  I loved the idea of our pets procing more pets they had in UF so maybe they could  get that working rather then trying to make some thing from scratch.

Those would be my top 3 things I like to see.

nedoirah

Quote from: Orbus1 on May 03, 2012, 09:21:08 PM

even possibly give us two warder spells, one is high defense and one is high offense and we can use either one or the other depending on the situation.

They did give us a spell that gave us those effects Nerin's aggression and protection. (probably have the name wrong) I think we got them in HoT. I never bothered with either one. They had the detrimental effects of one stat raised at the cost of the other.

Personally I vote for a re-tuning of Paragon in both forms. I think that the amounts it regens for is far below the scale.

Tadenea

Elidroth has stated before there will be No Slow AA's
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Zunar

Quote from: Tadenea on May 04, 2012, 05:04:38 PM

This was probably the case...atleast back then when it was said.
Before that it was also stated beastlords will never get a fixed AA invis..just saying...things can change too.

Zunar

How about a pet attack, that has a chance to do massive damage to lower con mobs :)
headshot, assassinate and decapitate comes to mind....a bst version basically, where the pet bites the throat off it's target. Could even make it only work on animals /shrug

Zunar

nedoirah

Quote from: Zunar on May 04, 2012, 09:22:21 PM
Quote from: Tadenea on May 04, 2012, 05:04:38 PM

This was probably the case...atleast back then when it was said.
Before that it was also stated beastlords will never get a fixed AA invis..just saying...things can change too.

That is true. Feign Death (play possum) comes to mind also.

stubar

Would love to see an AA that would reduce the cast time of the Feralgia line. That 1.5 second can take a huge hunk off of our dps, especially if you get interrupted somehow. Maybe .1 second per AA?

Zunar

It would be nice to see an ability that could do some serious damage, even if it's on a longer cooldown, for those oh crap moments, imo.
In those moments, instead of FDing to live and try another day how about <insert ability name here> we kicked arse, and we win. /nod
On a more serious note, abilities like harmtouch and crane stance comes to mind. Even those wizard super crit numbers when they twincast 250K nukes or whatever, or a necro with swift dots on a mob, and FD...their all abilities that CAN change the tide in some situations :)
Rangers got weaponshield, knights deflect, well just to point out how they can turn the tide on a bad situation.. for bsts imo, a big boom ability could be fun.
For flavor, it could be a series of bite attacks, and that it required the bst to have the werewolf form (pact of the wurine effect) on to be able to execute it. Can't blame me for lacking imagination there :)

Mazame

Zunar

I meant a triggered 100% riposte ability for a limited duration.