Main Menu

It's that time again for new AA ideas

Started by Zunar, May 03, 2012, 04:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

New ranks of Protection of the warder
Hastened Protection of the warder
currently at 15mins, it could be brought down to 10mins for sure. Maybe less.

nedoirah

Quote from: Zunar on May 06, 2012, 01:57:33 PM
It would be nice to see an ability that could do some serious damage, even if it's on a longer cooldown, for those oh crap moments, imo.
In those moments, instead of FDing to live and try another day how about <insert ability name here> we kicked arse, and we win. /nod
On a more serious note, abilities like harmtouch and crane stance comes to mind. Even those wizard super crit numbers when they twincast 250K nukes or whatever, or a necro with swift dots on a mob, and FD...their all abilities that CAN change the tide in some situations :)
Rangers got weaponshield, knights deflect, well just to point out how they can turn the tide on a bad situation.. for bsts imo, a big boom ability could be fun.
For flavor, it could be a series of bite attacks, and that it required the bst to have the werewolf form (pact of the wurine effect) on to be able to execute it. Can't blame me for lacking imagination there :)

Curse me for watching animal planet. I wish I could remember which animal it was that uses a desperation move when it's close to dying. Since we imitate animals and their attacks why not that? High damage when we're low on hp. The lower the hp the more damage done. Make it innate with a specific % chance to activate.

Rank I - 10% health to activate Slashing Claw 50k damage
Rank II - 20% - 75k
Rank III - 30% - 100k

Bonus added for each 5% below % for each rank.

If it's activated make it a 20 min reuse timer but increase the damage done by 25k.

Zunar

Quote from: nedoirah on May 08, 2012, 10:59:38 PM
Quote from: Zunar on May 06, 2012, 01:57:33 PM
It would be nice to see an ability that could do some serious damage, even if it's on a longer cooldown, for those oh crap moments, imo.
In those moments, instead of FDing to live and try another day how about <insert ability name here> we kicked arse, and we win. /nod
On a more serious note, abilities like harmtouch and crane stance comes to mind. Even those wizard super crit numbers when they twincast 250K nukes or whatever, or a necro with swift dots on a mob, and FD...their all abilities that CAN change the tide in some situations :)
Rangers got weaponshield, knights deflect, well just to point out how they can turn the tide on a bad situation.. for bsts imo, a big boom ability could be fun.
For flavor, it could be a series of bite attacks, and that it required the bst to have the werewolf form (pact of the wurine effect) on to be able to execute it. Can't blame me for lacking imagination there :)

Curse me for watching animal planet. I wish I could remember which animal it was that uses a desperation move when it's close to dying. Since we imitate animals and their attacks why not that? High damage when we're low on hp. The lower the hp the more damage done. Make it innate with a specific % chance to activate.

Rank I - 10% health to activate Slashing Claw 50k damage
Rank II - 20% - 75k
Rank III - 30% - 100k

Bonus added for each 5% below % for each rank.

If it's activated make it a 20 min reuse timer but increase the damage done by 25k.

I like your idea. It sounds exciting :) We need more exciting things! :)
For a long reuse ability the damage could be bumped up alot more though imo.

nedoirah

Khauruk

One comment.  The most likely AAs to be granted are ones that require no new code to function.

Try to reuse current features in the game and put them together in new ways.  Figure out some tuning yourself - numbers, and how they relate to other classes if possible.  Make the job easy for them!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

Quote from: Khauruk on May 11, 2012, 03:15:39 AM
One comment.  The most likely AAs to be granted are ones that require no new code to function.

Try to reuse current features in the game and put them together in new ways.  Figure out some tuning yourself - numbers, and how they relate to other classes if possible.  Make the job easy for them!

Could ask for a copy paste of monks Crane Stance I guess....
I still think the previous idea sounded more exciting :)
Maybe atleast 150K damage or possibly more. That's like maybe 2% of a named mobs hitpoints today in the group game...

Zunar

How's our sustained dps doing in the T4 raid scene?
Should we ask for any kind of new upgrades to sustained dps?

Zunar

I've seen other classes talk about it...and if we're in need for more sustained dps as so many classes seem to be now...how about a passive hundred hands (lowers weapon delay) proc type of effect that lasts for 6 seconds, moderate proc rate.

Zunar

For a new sort of burn type ability, we could have an activated ability that puts a buff on the warder with a set number of counters.
This buff then procs onto ourselves a short timer buff (maybe 6 seconds), when the warder is in combat.
What this buff does then, is add damage to special attacks, such as feral swipe, barrage, tumult of claws etc, and then fades when used.
The idea would be we'd need to be fighting in range with our warder to recieve the buff, and we'd need to coordinate it with a 6 second time window. The pay-off to be able to dps more  8-)
Could call it warders distraction :)

With the number of clickable abilities we have already, I realize some might think of adding more "hassle" is a bad idea.
I just think it'd add some excitement, and feeling of accomplishment when you manage to get all those clicks right and maximize dps :)
I could also imagine another ability, that works like the gift of mana buff. Only instead of saving you mana, it could twincast the next spell cast within seconds.

nedoirah

Quote from: Zunar on May 19, 2012, 11:49:40 AM
With the number of clickable abilities we have already, I realize some might think of adding more "hassle" is a bad idea.

This is why I chose to make my suggestion a passive ability. Since, as you recognized, we have so many clicks to use it is only right to add passive abilities. Passives that only work when a condition is met. Hence my suggestion of hp below xx%. It would fire like the clerics death pact line of spells but it would fire off a big melee attack instead of a heal. If it's an activated ability then it could work like a buff and have a long recast timer. However I like the passive version better.

Does that make it easy enough Khauruk?

Zunar

One idea I was thinking about...when exping on light blue con mobs solo..
We could use some help to kill them faster...
Rangers have headshot, rogues assassinate, zerkers decapitate, necros/shamans swift dots, knights can swarm etc..
What could we get to help us out?
They could lower the recast on frostrift roar pbae nuke from 18 seconds to 6 seconds.
Maybe lower the reuse on tumult of claws too from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
That could be a start...we don't use the AE nuke anywhere else anyways, and tumult is very situational imo.
I know, this falls under spells, but meh.

Zunar

What about an AA of some sort, that would make all our detrimental spells twincast, but at the expense that we can't use any melee attacks, or it'll break the twincast.
The idea would be to be able to contribute on those events where ranged dps is needed.
This would also let us use it as an opener, to twincast a nuke or two before engaging a mob in melee.

Nusa

That kind of 100% Twincast (without the melee lockout concept) already exists for casters, both in spell and AA form. I wouldn't mind having it, but I disagree with your implication that we are useless on ranged events. Weaving 4 nukes, our swift DoT, 3-4 other DoT's plus throwing Shurikens is more dps than most non-ranger melee classes can do at range.

Zunar

Well, let me put it in another way....compared to casters and rangers, we are useless ranged dps, more or less...maybe it should stay that way too, not saying it shouldn't, but it's an idea for something new we could do :)

nedoirah

In other words what is being said is:

Rangers and Casters ranged dps is #1
We fall in between them somewhere then
Normal melee ranged dps is a distant 3rd.

To me this is the way it should be. However I see that we could use a bump in our ranged dps. Where we fall exactly in this scale is somehat unknown.