Main Menu

It's that time again for new AA ideas

Started by Zunar, May 03, 2012, 04:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

insta cast invis AA would be nice imo. Could cast it on the run too.

Zunar

This probably leans more toward a spell, but a defensive proc, with slow...maybe 40% slow or something.
Maybe even a chance for a pet to pop out and attack the mob.
Would be useful for plowing light blue mobs for exp :)

Orbus1

Also something to make our swarm pets attack the next mob when the first is dead. Kinda sucks in raid or group that I have these swarm pets standing around doing nothing because I am not getting hit. I liked the original suggestion of when the first mobs die our swarm pets go in to /ghold mode like our warder but then they also attack whatever mob we send our warder on to next.

Mordeb42

Speaking of swarm pets.  I had an idea.
AA Line xyz[Passive].  Our AA swarm pets are summoned with our Bolstering Warder buff on them or %chance that each swarm warder could be summoned with this buff line.  I know I mostly use these in group content on names.  It would be nice if they had our Bolstering Warder buff on them.  Since their damage is low this could add a tiny amount of healing to them.

Instant cast AA Line: ABC[5min reuse].  Puts a buff on all your current swarm pets[or all swarm pets near our warder], so they can proc: Nightmares
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=3877
100dd -90AC debuff.

Zunar

How about an AA that hastens promised heals.
18 seconds to wait for a heal makes it quite useless imo. We have so many other tools to heal our pet with.
If reduced to 12 seconds it might make it into my spellbar atleast for some occasions.

Zunar

As a fluff AA, how about an AA mount we could summon that looks like our warder of respective race.

nedoirah

I'd hate to be an Iksar then. Those scales would hit the wrong places. LOL

Zunar

Quote from: nedoirah on June 12, 2012, 10:22:27 PM
I'd hate to be an Iksar then. Those scales would hit the wrong places. LOL
Bah, ok iksars can have the normal black wolf then :P

Zunar

I wonder if a 4th spire is going to be put in this time....there was talks about adding one before, but that never happened.
If there would be a 4th spire, what would we want?
It seems many classes still use their spires, where beastlord spires are useless now....we should ask for something that'll last a couple expansions imo.. maybe a % based damage boost of some kind, that doesn't scale down in power for every subsequent expansion after..

Personally I feel, if we aren't likely to get any dps ability that either stacks well with our dps, or has a lasting %-based damage, why not some sort of defensive ability? something along lines with ranger weaponshield maybe...

Khauruk

Quote from: Mordeb42 on June 03, 2012, 03:01:40 PM
AA Line xyz[Passive].  Our AA swarm pets are summoned with our Bolstering Warder buff on them or %chance that each swarm warder could be summoned with this buff line.  I know I mostly use these in group content on names.  It would be nice if they had our Bolstering Warder buff on them.  Since their damage is low this could add a tiny amount of healing to them.

This could possibly turn into something.  Depending on how the code is set up for Abundant Healing, you could possibly have an autocast buff that would land on the swarm pet when it pops.  I'd suggest just haste though.

As for defensives, I don't see any entirely new ability being granted - bst defensive is one of the best around due to the insanely low reuse time.  Many classes, if the knew how good it was, would be clamoring for the same.

As for a 4th Spire, I'd give up on that.  If it hasn't happened yet, and has barely been mentioned this year, I don't expect anything to be put in.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

dawrath

More passive dps boosts both melee and spell form.

More ranks of FOS and POS with real mana returns ( I cannot be the only bstlord going oom on raids?) I refuse to give my FOS away when I am in top 5 on on parse to stop and make the event take longer by tossing a small mana regen to a  cleric.

Twincast would be very nice, AA form with say 20 procs just like casters get. I won't mind the spell version also but it is not as good.

Passive 100 hands effect like Monks have would be nice.

More triple attack and flurry!

stubar

Quote from: dawrath on June 25, 2012, 09:33:04 PM

More ranks of FOS and POS with real mana returns ( I cannot be the only bstlord going oom on raids?) I refuse to give my FOS away when I am in top 5 on on parse to stop and make the event take longer by tossing a small mana regen to a  cleric.

Mana regen is where it's supposed to be this expansion and more than likely will be scaled up accordingly next one to. I do from time to time find myself running LoM in longer events like CoB and The Triune God, however it's rare i run OOM (Unless i get bombed from a mana drain). I have no less than 7 clerics/druids on my ET and FP constantly during 80 pct of the events. Our role is much more than DPS. We are a utility class than can put out numbers when needed. On a rare occasion I'll show up on the parse, however Rogues, Zerkers and Necros should generally dominate the parse.

I do agree that we should get some passive dps AA, however it should just scale up like the rest of the classes. At this point our DPS is fine. I like being on the parse like everyone else, however if I want to start being on it consistently, I'll roll a rogue/zerker/necro.

New AA's that would benefit the raid would be usefull, like MGB KF (dare to dream!)

More TGB AA--like a new form of GBA that has no stacking issues

A new line of spires and so forth

Sevaril

how about something that completely stops pet/swarm push

Zunar

What about some sort of bash AA, with a hate mod/buff/something in it so we could equip a shield and hold some agro too?
This could be situationally useful in the group game (if you have a good shield) , or to not be destroyed by trash mobs maybe.
Relying on our pet to tank isn't doing us many favors...and even if taking hits from a mob, using a shield will totally cripple our dps..while it would help alittle with survivability....something we majorly lack atm.

It's been said...and I say it again, we could use some AA help for 2hb. We can use 2hb, but we suck at using them. Maybe a booster AA for 2hb dps, and if not that, maybe consider a staff block sort of AA, just to let us utilize 2hb for something.

Orbus1

QuoteIt's been said...and I say it again, we could use some AA help for 2hb. We can use 2hb, but we suck at using them. Maybe a booster AA for 2hb dps, and if not that, maybe consider a staff block sort of AA, just to let us utilize 2hb for something.

I am just afriad if they are start focusing on our 2h capability then our 1h will start to suffer, I would prefer to see more things to up our 1h and just leave 2h alone. I do like the shield idea, maybe some kinda AA with a long cool down for those 'oh crap" moments smilar to ranger weapon shield, but we actually would have to have a shield equipped when we use it.