Main Menu

It's that time again for new AA ideas

Started by Zunar, May 03, 2012, 04:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Quote from: Sevaril on July 04, 2012, 09:45:23 PM
how about something that completely stops pet/swarm push

This isn't doable as an AA.  In fact, it's not even possible to just stop pet push - the variable affects push globally.  The devs polled about this last year though, and the winning groups in the poll was to keep push in place to at least some extent, and since they can't reduce it further w/o stopping it completely, it's here to stay.

They are planning on scaling down the number of swarm pets this expansion though - the 6 (?) pets in Attack of the Warders should end up as 1 pet of the same power (plus whatever upgrades are planned).  This will probably be the same for all the swarm pets except for mage, possibly shaman, and necro wake the dead.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Karve

I'd still like a pet relocation behind me aa too, that has to be a c+p of the current one with a -distance .. has to be simples.

A limited VP would be nice, e.g long cooldown but something for those extra tricky times.

Professional Mad Bastard.

dawrath

Extended DISC AA's. Upgraded proc disc (not sure how much the current one does off hand).

An AA that is passive and has the chance to proc a paragon like group mana regen. Or if deemed to powerful a personal mana return.

AA form similar to our pact of W but this one gives you more damage/dps mods in return for a reduction in HP/AC. Similar to the idea behind the pet "stances". Not sure how many bstlords would be ok with lowering there tank-ability for more DPS? I know for raiding I would! Maybe have it make us look like an infected wolf (or something cool).

AA Fero like ability. Make it self only that gives us a larger % mod. Or if it will group cast, give the bstlord the largest mod.

AA nuke/dot. Prefer nuke but will be happy with any more DPS.

Zunar

Might be an idea to have a self stance like the warder has now...with a choice of either offensive or defensive.
Imo that'd be a cool way to choose to go full dps, but with some vulnerability, vs a more defensive stance, when survivability is more important/bigger issue.

Also, just an imo, we could use some longer duration defensive of some sort...nothing like protective spirit disc, something weaker....but with a longer timer, and long reuse timer, for the situational use.
Spirit of the Turtle, hey :) It could even attach a detriment to it, like make us snared. Turtles move slooowly :D

nedoirah

In the case of stances, How about this?

Stance of the Snake: faster weak attacks with a chance to proc a poison DoT (2 ticks) - this is a simple attack speed dmg mod and a take on our existing Bite of the Asp AA
Stance of the Bear: slower stronger attacks with a chance to proc a stun (crushing attack) Same as above but the stun is taken from our Gorilla Smash AA
Stance of the Wolf: no mod to attacks or speed but chance to proc a bite attack (extra attack with a bleeding effect DoT)(2 ticks) No attack mod but an extra Dot like Bite of the Asp
Stance of the Hawk: faster attacks (slower than snake but stronger) with a chance to proc blind (attack mod reduction for mobs) Another attack mod but the blind is similiar to our Raven's claw AA
Stance of the Lion: slower attacks (faster than bear but not as strong) with a chance to proc a bite attack (stronger than wolf) Just like Wolf but with an attack mod

Just a random thought after reading the stance posts here. Plus it would really tie us to our animalistic natures. I don't think it would take that much coding to make it happen since most of this is taken from in-game abilities already existing.

nedoirah

Quote from: Khauruk on July 05, 2012, 11:33:06 PM
They are planning on scaling down the number of swarm pets this expansion though - the 6 (?) pets in Attack of the Warders should end up as 1 pet of the same power (plus whatever upgrades are planned).  This will probably be the same for all the swarm pets except for mage, possibly shaman, and necro wake the dead.

I can understand the desire or even the need to reduce the number of swarm pets as a result of the amount of lag it generates but I hope they don't remove the number of pets we can sometimes summon with our growl spells. It's nice to be able to get 4 pets with the same power as the one it normally summons. And I think the number of swarm aa pets are 4.

Khauruk

I'm guessing that one will stay the same, as it would require more time spent tuning for dps value otherwise.  It's more things like Attack of the Warders, wizard silly swords, etcetera.  They probably won't nerf mages, as mages have spells which are reliant upon # of pets (or if they try, there'll be a huge outcry), and I know some shamans will raise a fuss if they get scaled back to a single pet as well.  Most people would be relieved to have this cut down though, I think.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

nedoirah

Quote from: Zunar on July 20, 2012, 01:24:43 PM
bard pets too...maybe monks too....

Wait... what? Monks get pets? Since when?

stubar

They've had pet's for a while now...and they used to OP big time. The timer on them was broken so you could chain cast them over and over. Monks were pretty upset when it got fixed. I definitely LOL'ed at them.   

nedoirah

I hate getting suckered into resubbing. That 30$ for 3 months is really nice though. Since I've done that I guess I'll start playing a little bit now instead of just peeking in once in a while.

My post on stances is good but lacking something. Any suggestions?

Quote from: nedoirah on July 19, 2012, 11:17:34 PM
In the case of stances, How about this?

Stance of the Snake: faster weak attacks with a chance to proc a poison DoT (2 ticks) - this is a simple attack speed dmg mod and a take on our existing Bite of the Asp AA
Stance of the Bear: slower stronger attacks with a chance to proc a stun (crushing attack) Same as above but the stun is taken from our Gorilla Smash AA
Stance of the Wolf: no mod to attacks or speed but chance to proc a bite attack (extra attack with a bleeding effect DoT)(2 ticks) No attack mod but an extra Dot like Bite of the Asp
Stance of the Hawk: faster attacks (slower than snake but stronger) with a chance to proc blind (attack mod reduction for mobs) Another attack mod but the blind is similiar to our Raven's claw AA
Stance of the Lion: slower attacks (faster than bear but not as strong) with a chance to proc a bite attack (stronger than wolf) Just like Wolf but with an attack mod

Just a random thought after reading the stance posts here. Plus it would really tie us to our animalistic natures. I don't think it would take that much coding to make it happen since most of this is taken from in-game abilities already existing.

Even though each stance has an attack speed mod I don't think each one that is "slower" should be slower than our normal attack speed. Maybe 1.1x our normal speed and those that are faster should be maybe 1.3x - 1.4x normal. I don't know what the calculations of attack that would be but something like that. Nothing overpowering but is noticable.

Zunar

focused forceful rejuvenation
Only affects detrimental spells (nukes)
10 min reuse timer, possibly less.

Martosh

Incapacitate as a AA and insta cast

less fail fd :P

more level of haste paragon

more level of haste forceful

aa  FD pet

aa that make Bloodlust last longer

Jaxx

A substancial boost to both triple/double attack would be nice, currently our parent class caps out at 280 double attack and 500 triple attack.

Some sort of passive weapon specialization AA line for h2h would be nice, increased chance for crits and more damage when you crit.

A decent boost to Focused Para line is in order as well, mana pools these days I believe are justification enough.

I really like the idea of an AA line that reduces the cast time of our Feralgia (sp?) spell line as mentioned earlier.

And for fun, AA lines that give us forage abilities on par (maybe slightly less) than rangers and druids; and track (maybe on par with bards.)  Afterall, according to the character creation screen, "Beastlords are the masters of raw nature."

Zorthaz

Bloodlust II  - Adds 100% crit rate to all procs
Bloodlust III - Adds 100% crit rate for all melee

Extended Bloodlust - Increases duration 1 tick per level

Speed of the Beast - This ability grants you the chance to score an additional attack with two-handed weapons.

Boomstick - This ability grants you 100% crit rate for 5 tick when using two-handed weapons.
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare