Main Menu

Qeynos Badge Quest

Started by Soullbash, January 28, 2004, 05:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soullbash

While hunting the Gnolls in the caves an enchanter comes along and asks if I want to try a named.  I agree and the enchanter single pulls Barrducks Darkpaw and we kill him.  The enchanter just wanted to see what he dropped and let me loot the corpse including his head and I find out if for the neck Qeynos Badge of Nobility quest.  The badge is a nice neck item so I decide to do the quest since the hardest part if out of the way.

Last night I solo my way through the first three parts and am ready to drop my jars for the diseased rat puzzle, but when I get there someone is already doing the puzzle and upon completion turn in mob de-spawns.  This is a timed quest for a single person item so why de-spawn a mob that is required for a timed quest?  I sat there for about 30 minutes and the mob popped again, but if I had taken too long in WK then I would have had to start over because of an unrelated turn in.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Thrashum Gud

The timed part of the quest does not actually begin until you turn in the book he gave you upon your turning in the 2nd badge.  Kill the gnome necro before you do any other part of the quest and then come back and wait for the re-pop if needed.

I don't know why they set it so the NPC despawns but that's the work around.

mac173

I know it seems trite, but I am constantly amazed at how Quests in EQ have to have "work arounds" to complete them. I started playing EQ because of the endless number of quests to do. I almost quit after I tried to do a newbie quest with my Cleric that needed almost level 12 to complete. What sence does it make to give a level 1 char a quest they can't complete for 12 levels? I understand Epics, and Highend quests, but this had as a reward 2 gold and some faction!

I really wish they would fix the quests. I find them fun. But not when you cant figgure them out or complete them without getting spoilers from web sites.

Mindlet

Thats the main thing I don't understand about quests. They are so stupidly obscure in most cases that no single person could hope to work them out. 99.99% of quests are worked out with cross server information. Thats why to actually complete any quest you need spoilers.