Main Menu

Race Question: Ogre or da big Cat

Started by zurdo, May 10, 2005, 11:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

As I recall it, the racial exp penalties were removed.
Ogres are still immune to stun from the front.
There is no way for Vah Shir to avoid geting stunned, alas, there is an AA line to allow casting a spell through the stun.
I personally play a Vah Shir, and I've never had a huge issue with stuns and tanking.

Nusa

Quote from: Ustacalu on March 14, 2013, 08:24:23 AM
Having read this (and similar) post I would like to ask ;
1. does racial exp difference still exist ? (ie. ogres need more exp for leveling compared to vah shir)
2. are ogres still immune to stuns from frontal attack ?
3. is there a way for vah shir to prevent getting stunned ? (potions or gear or maybe some specific aa skill ?)
1) No, all the racial and class penalties went away long ago. However, the halfling, warrior, and rogue exp bonuses remain. None of those matter to a beastlord, of course.
2) Yes, stun immunity from frontal melee stuns only. Spell based stuns will still happen.
3) Warriors of any race can get the same ability via AA. But we aren't warriors, so no. Improving defensive AA and gear is going to reduce how often you get hit, which means fewer melee stuns as well.

You don't have to restart to change race anymore. You can buy a race change potion in the marketplace if you really want to switch. Or switch back. Remember, Vah Shir are the only beastlords who get sneak....an extremely useful ability at times, assuming you understand it.

stubar

I changed to Ogre the second the racial potions surfaced. I haven't looked back since.

If you like to solo/molo/tank, I can't recommend the ogre enough...LOVE my stun immunity.  While melee stuns don't last that long, they are still a PITA and can cause an untimely death if it happens at the wrong time.

Khauruk

What that guy said.  Ogre is amazing, sneak is rarely useful but stun immunity is used all the time for me and always has been.

Plus the bear.
TURNCOAT!!!!!