Main Menu

Level 31 where to go?

Started by Lizbet, January 06, 2004, 10:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizbet

Hi all, I am almost level 31 and currently hunting in Frontier Mountains.  It's not bad here, I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas of other good spots to go. (Except for Dawnshroud) :D I just don't like that zone.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Aumtuok

Im currently 34 and when i get sick of dsp i try to find a group in the overthere.  Sometimes its hard to find a group, but the exp and plat are nice.  I was able to get 30% exp and around 50plat, with a group that was chain pulling, in about an hr.  If you go here and are a good race beware the dragoons, watched them wipe out 8 ppl with ease as they tried to zones.  Luckly they friendly to us ogres  :twisted:
Aumtuok 70 Beastlord on Bristlebane

Soriab

OT, DSP, Mons Letalis, EC

Theres a few, I am working on the Alla table to make it better and postable to this forum. Yes I know some one else made it but trust me I am altering it so much that its not going to be the same code. I will also E-Mail the new code to them to use it help shrink the file some. I have done it to the table before just cant find it so I am doing it again its like 5.7K lines and I made it about 1k or so I cant remember.

Lizbet

Thanks for the ideas. I may stick it out in Frontier Mountains another level. I made a killing last night.

I have done the OT with a few other characters, so I probably won't do that again. I may try Mons Letalis though, I've never been there.

Thanks again.

Whiptail_Warclaw

Golra Iceberg in Timorous Deep. Great exp and loot from 30-34.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Tooflus Wunder

Let me start off by stating that I absolutely love to fight in dungeons.  Not only is the XP better, but it teaches you how to really get a handle of your char, because you don't have the option to just run to the zone when you get in trouble.  That being said I would suggest hunting in SolA killing gnomes and clockwork gnomes.  Unfortunately at your lvl I would suggest duoing or even grouping there (bring your own group unfortunately) until you can get the hang of it.  The gnomes are some of the best XP you will find from lvls 30-40.  I was usually getting around 4-5%/kill at lvl 35 there so levels went by very fast.  Once you get the hang of the zone and where you want to hunt it is very easy to solo.  In the zones there are 3 separate, but connected places the gnomes spawn with each place having its own issues.  The area I really enjoy hunting at is the area working up to the castle working up to area 9 on the map at this link (http://www.eqatlas.com/solusekseyemap.html).  The reason I enjoy this spawn so much is the way the gnomes are actually spread.  The first room you come to with gnomes has 2 gnomes in it.  You wont be pulling these solo unfortunately.  After this room you move on to a single spawn right before the bridge going over the lava.  Once over the bridge there is a safe spot if you turn left and sit/stand in one of the corners against that wall.  If you go right after you go over the bridge you will see a single spawn non clockwork gnome here.  This is where it can start to get a bit tricky for soloing.  Once you get to the regular gnomes there is a chance that a caster will spawn.  The only gnome casters in this zone are Mages who will summon earth pets and curators (clerics) who love to cast their DD spells.  After you dispatch this spawn you will go up around a corner over another bridge over lava.  Once you get over the lava you will come to another 2 spawn gnome camp.  This one is fun specially when one is a curator and one is a magician.

There is also a roamer that goes from the castle all the way to the first room you encounter the clockworks in.  This roamer is the PH for the EXG model clockwork which drops Charred Guardian Shield (common) or Charred Guardian Breastplate (rare).  The EXG is 100% magic resistant so don't even bother trying to slow, and hits a bit higher than the other gnomes.  Being an oldworld dungeon these mobs do have less HPs and deal less DMG than the expansion zones.  Also there is a ZEM of 12 or 13% on this zone as well.

I highly recommend this zone to anyone looking for a change of pace from outdoor zones and the same old tired lvling spots.  Good luck and definately have fun exploring this zone.

JillieMT

Along with Whiptail, I recommend the Golras in TD. Very easy kills, nice quiet zone, and I made a nice amount of coin there for a few levels.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Goretzu

From what I remember gorlas and SolA were quite good around that level.

Zorthar

I would also like to recommend SolA/Golra berg.

Also, get a group or two in LDoN nice cash/exp/and possible drops, and you can start upgrading your charm from a low level.

Lizbet

I've always meant to try SolA but never made it there. Maybe that is what I will do.

Isn't Golra Iceberg a pain in the butt to get to or am I thinking of something else?

Thanks for the ideas.