Main Menu

Don't usually share secrets

Started by cantgetright, January 02, 2004, 02:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantgetright

Ok I usually don't share my hunting/soloing grounds anymore because it seems as soon as i do like 8K people flock to them however in the spirit of rebuilding there is one place I would like to turn all higher level beastlords attention to lvl 60+ is CoM (City of Mist). in four hours of soloing there i looted over 50K worth of items ALLBEIT that was an EXTEREMELY lucky night i have seen on average 10-20K worth of items pulled there with no problem if you are lvl 60+ you should have NO problem soloing the black reavers which drop the jade reavers, a druid ranger epic piece, now keep in mind these prices reflect the Kane Bayle market and may flux on you your server but they are selling for 20K in the bazaar i marked mine for 15K and no kidding they were GONE in like 3 hours, all 4 of them.  Plus if you have alts lots of really good items drop there for alts, however there are two mobs there that deserve their own warning lord ghiosk is the first and cannot be soloed until 65 with a few AAs under your belt and spirit of rellic for your pet and rharic is the last mob to kill for the shadow knight epic  and if you try to solo him at ALL he WILL OWN YOU, you have been warned, he wiped 3 lvl 62s and a lvl 64.  I have many other money making secerets for each level  that unlike yantis are totally legit and don't make you out to seem like an ass to the lower quality classes and lower levels IE. camping HHK for the FS weapons at lvl 60, if you would like some of them pm me, catch me in the game or email me at [email protected].
IYABLYAS-If You Ain't a Beastlord, You Ain't Sh1t

Kivuli

While we're on secrets, get yourself the master key to howling stones! Massive loot, and while it may not sell for much on your server it does add up. That, and east wing is good AA exp even at 65.

Also, if you're adventurous, the ancient shriekers across the invisible bridge in the Deep are decent exp and drop that elusive fungoid sap that makes the Quicksilver Temper used in Seru-bane weaponry.

LuneyEQ

Just curious, how do you get to the Black Reaver area? I know that they are behind a locked door that only a 201 skill Lock picker could open.

Luney
Lunario Sylverpaw
Elder Feral Lord
Cazic-Thule

Chebsis

I believe the Captain of the Guard now drops a key for that will let you enter the Reaver house.

miandaber

QuoteJust curious, how do you get to the Black Reaver area? I know that they are behind a locked door that only a 201 skill Lock picker could open.

I was wondering the same thing, as 90% of the mobs leading up to the door are LB or green at 65.

QuoteI believe the Captain of the Guard now drops a key for that will let you enter the Reaver house.

Where is this guy found? Is the key no rent?
Miandaber
65 Feral Lord 90 AA's and rising!
Firiona Vie

Zorthar

Where is this guy found? Is the key no rent?

This guy can be found anywhere in the zone, there is usually one up somewhere before the reaver house at any given time.  Also the key is not no rent, AND it /keyrings too.

meowster

only relying on what i saw one day in com.

went to the front gate of com.. looked right... saw "captain of the guard" standing on the wall... went through the gate killed the punks in the area turned right took next right.. told clyde (pet name) to kick his butt which he did in a few seconds and found the key on the corpse. didnt know what it was at the time but boy was i happy when i did find out. rouges have once again been put out to pasture in com. key opened all locked doors i tried.  :P

Meowster Napalot
65 epic beast on tarrew marr

cantgetright

Ok I am VERY sorry I should hgave been much more specific yes the key drops from a mob called the captain of the guard he pops ANYWHERE in the zone i but I most often see him near the stables the key is a no drop but is NOT no rent  and at lvl 62 the mob dropped in like 4 hits from my warder, he ALWAYS drops a shield, an ulak, something else, and the key.  Now remember there will be times when you kill 50 of these black reavers and not a single jade reaver will drop, and theres nights where in a group of 6 EVERYONE can get one, also i would REALLY  like to see a whoel section of this site simply DEVOTED to giving little tips and hints like this, lewts see if we can make this happen

Argach

Was bored and because of this thread went to check out CoM. Found the Captain eventually and got the key, wandered in, killed first reaver who popped Ghiosk while my blind pet ran off, Ghiosk blinded me and I ended up in the moat when I was trying to back off from him. Well, pet cleric'd Ghiosk sitting at the bottom of the moat and wandered back in .. and noticed the elevator to the other black reavers is locked. =/

Well, fooled around and eventually some other people appeared, trained me with 2 reavers and evaced, leaving me with 2 reavers + 1 popped one .. three blinding mobs whee! Had no clear idea what to do with the mess so sat on my horse and chain-healed pet. Apparently 3x reaver dps is about the same what I can heal with IH4 and AHA1 and Healing of Sorsha or a bit more. Thanks to VoQ, pet mend and enrage I managed to drop one reaver (who spawned a phantom), then another one (ditto, phantom whee!) and the third one managed to keel my brave Fluffy while I was trying to kill the room respawn (some golems, the 2x phantoms that had spawned). Burned it down with a disc, looted a jade reaver, sold it in 15 min for 10k and left CoM.

So thanks for the tip, I had fun. -_-

cantgetright

LMAO ummmm im sorry you had a hell of a time what i usuallt do is clear out the mobs on the way and then clear out the 4 mobs that stand in front of the building then with out walking COMPLETELY inside the building i use blizzard blast and pull the reaver.........remember the spell you use to pull is very important if you use blizzard blast your pet can pull aggro fast if you use scorpion venom you are likely to keep aggro for quite some time and your warder is MUCH better equipped to fight those reavers use sha's advantage or incapicate and youll just waste mana cuz neither of those spells work TRUST me i've tried, play around and figure out your perfect strategy thats mine and may not work for everyone, oh one last thing let the reaver get a good deal of the way onto the bridge before sicking pet if you send pet too soon he will push the reaver back into the room aggroing ALL of the golems to help him, if anyone else needs help let me know.

Kryq

Anyone found a way to single pull the reavers that are up the elevator behind the first one?  Every time I try, I end up getting all three :/

-Kryq

Thrashum Gud

It seems there are all kinds of legit ways to raise cash but they are almost always for higher levels.  I'm going to share how you can easily rake in between 1500-2000 plats from level 1 to level 12.

This is the first Troll I've run, imagine my horror to find I was residing in Neriak with a bunch of snacks...errrr... dark elves.  Now add insult to injury, my fat ass is too damn big for the city.  No way am I going to duck everywhere I go, that just sucks so where can an evil troll move at level 1 where his dubious heritage won't hold him back at the least or have him killed on sight at worst?

SHAR VAHL

If you are not a kitty this is what you must do next.  Run to your local POK book and then book into Shadeweaver's Thicket, take a quick look at your new hunting grounds then head in to the city.  The very first thing you need to do is use that "find" command and seek Mignah.  Tell her "I am in need of a personal acrylia slate".  She gives you one, now use find to locate Registrar Bindarah, run next to her.  Log out and create a beastlord kitty, do the note turn in to the guild master then head to the Registrar, get your note taken care of by the tax collector and hand in the result to the Registrar, log out.  Relog your beastie, give the registrar your acrylia slate and presto.  You are now able to finish the quest and become a citizen of Shar Vahl (allows you to buy/sell and most importantly train).

As you finish the quest be sure to find the Soulbinder near the Raja and bind yourself.  Once done you can head out to Shadeweaver's Thicket, this is your new home for the next 12 levels.

IMHO any zone that offers hunting, vendors, traners, AND a bank is a place I want to be, Shadeweaver's Has all that.  Look at www.eqatlas.com for a map.

Area 10 has a couple of tents to the left of the road as you leave Shar Vahl with Captains and recruits, Capt Alim does not look like a Beastlord but he will train you.  If you are in need of armor/gear talk to the various NPC's near the tents and buildings, you can find quests (all items found right in this zone) to get your gear.

To the left of the same road are several small hunts, in one are 2 vendors and in another the banker.

For the first 4-5 levels hunt nothing but the worms and mini hoppers, save all your silks and hides.  After that move down to the intersection (flagpole and a guard here) you can pull some of the mobs in the nearby vicinity and the guard will aid you (or ks you if given the chance).  

Once you get a bit bigger you can start to move along this road and pick off various mobs.  Any hopper, lesser shade, or aliens are excellent targets.  Save all bone chips, silks, swirling shadows, and chunk of condensed shadows.

All of these items are very quick sellers in your local bazaar, simply charge 10-20pp less than anyone else and you will rake in that 1500-2kpp I promised you.  

The zone is nearly empty, the items drop with good frequency, and you have the added bonus of a trainer, vendor, and banker all in the same zone.  Other than to get spells (Shar Vahl) I remained here until level 12.

Good luck.

miandaber

I have killed that damn Captain of the Guard 10 times in the last few days and NO KEY!
Since I play on FV and the trivial loot code is present I am assuming that the key is trivial to me and won't drop.
Can anyone that is on FV confirm this? Also if you are on FV and you do have the key how about keying a fellow beast....PLEASE!
Miandaber
65 Feral Lord 90 AA's and rising!
Firiona Vie

testarossa

Trashum, an addition to your great post on Shar Vahl - don't forget the pit. 4 pieces of a scorpion shell get you a low-stat earring from a merchant in the "slums" of Shar Vahl, and collecting 4 poison glands from scorpions (I think I'm remembering right - check the Shar Vahl quest list on Alla's to be sure) gets you a random piece of padded cloth armor, coin, and xp from the shammy next to the bank in Shar Vahl. And, although the glands are no drop, the armor isn't - you can turn right around and sell it back to him. BUT be sure you have enough of the proper-sized slots for it - if you don't it will poof.

Gworr

Quotealso i would REALLY like to see a whoel section of this site simply DEVOTED to giving little tips and hints like this, lewts see if we can make this happen

and then the first sentence from the original post...

QuoteOk I usually don't share my hunting/soloing grounds anymore because it seems as soon as i do like 8K people flock to them

This is why you will not see to many secrets pass due to everyone, I mean EVERYONE, ALL CLASSES, will farm your secret spot with experience, loot or whatever your spot will offer.

Take Highkeep Bards and Nobles for example.  That was my secret spot for a looooong time before it was even posted, not to many new about it until some ass posted it on the Shaman boards and now the so called secret spot is perma camped.

This is why you will not see such posts, I still have some secrets spots for exp and some loot that not many know about and plan to keep that way.  Not to be an ass and hold information from you but to KEEP my spots secret.