Main Menu

3- boxing advice

Started by Renske, February 02, 2015, 09:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renske

Hello beast lords.
Old eq player returning.

i'm starting fresh with a bts and want to box 2 other chars with her.
im thinking of BTS+DRU+SHA or BTS+BARD+DRU

these classes interest me the most (after playing a cleric before my whole eq life)
Are these recommended set up's or would any of you recommend something else?

Greets

Khauruk

So, you have slows, poor pulling ability, and a potential tank there if you feel like playing cleric to the pet (sounds like not).

You realistically need tanking support, possibly pulling, cures would be good, and adps would be good.

If you are looking to use a tank merc the whole time, bst/bard/druid would be a very good combo, as would bst/enc/druid.  The second shifts the adps benefit more towards wiz mercs, but you keep great pulling, get better slows/debuffs (esp. for named mobs) and you get superior CC.

Otherwise, bst/pal/(enc/bard) or sk/bst/something would also be very good, though any tank is very good nowadays.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Illiyana

I will agree with Khauruk, we need a tank in the group, be it merc or a character, otherwise a large chunk of our DPS is gone.  Bards are the best pullers IMHO once they get Fading Memories, and Druids are great for getting around fast, and back-up heals.  If I were running this, I would use Tank, Healer, and Ranged DPS mercs, though some may prefer using the Druid as a healer and running 2 Ranged DPS mercs, but I tend to play conservatively. 
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Renske

Hey, thanks for the replays guys.
I'm going for bts,dru,bard set up, I'm not much for int casters nor do i like playing a tank.
so for me this will be the most fun option.

Anyways if you have any pro boxing tips for me please share them.

Again thanks for replaying.

now back to norrath ;)

Zorthaz

I run with a BST & Bard duo and two mercs and have done almost all group content.  The one thing I would add to the advice above would be to consider a wizard instead of a druid for the third slot.  When you get to the 100+ game mob HP goes up exponentially.  Group DPS becomes important and since you are boxing, easy mode DPS is almost a requirement.  I would have to rate wizard higher then the druid in this regard. 

1) Be aware that to play a bst takes a lot of attention.
2) High levels (100+) Tank mercs wilt on COTF and TDS named - Unless you plan to concentrate on the druid this won't change - you will spend all your time trying to prop a merc tank up and do little to no DPS - you are better off to pet tank and go ranged DPS.
3) Sounds like a lot of fun...best of luck to you in Norrath!
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare