Main Menu

Question about Spirit of Wind spells and after

Started by Panzilla, January 29, 2004, 01:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzilla

I noticed that Spirit of Wind and the spells after stun mobs and seem to knockback.  I had to switch tactics and make sure my warder is engaging in a way so as not to knock a mob into a wall.  People often gripe about this and this is a real problem in dungeons.  Should I continue to use these procs or should I switch to Spirit of Vermin while LDONing.

Tastian

That depends on the situation.  In LDoN especially if you have a rogue or something you might want to go with vermin or something instead.  Storm at 53 and snow (54) flame (56?) and rellic (63) are just direct stuns and don't knock the mobs all over the place.  If it's getting to be a problem then going down to vermin makes sense, but in a couple levels you'll be all set.

Dakat

In some instances, like MM for example, there are quite a few healer type mobs.  Having a stun type effect on your warder would actually help in that instance, preventing the CH from happening.

The level 54 Spirit of Storm does not stun.  The others after that Snow, Flame and Rellic do interupt and stun respectively.

When making pet, insure that the first spell you cast on your pet is your pet proc spell.  Doing so will allow you to upgrade the current proc with a higher level one, since they overwrite the weaker one.  When you want to downconvert to a weaker , perhaps non-stunning proc or a proc that will actually land on the mob your fighting knowing for example the mobs in Sol B are resistant to fire and you had flame on your pet.  Instead of waiting for flame to wear, just load cancel magic and cast it once on your pet.  Since you placed the pet proc spell on first, only that spell will be removed.  Then you can cast the new pet proc spell on the pet without having to do anything else.  Just make sure to use Cancel Magic and not Annul Magic. Cancel Magic removes one magic counter, while Annul removes 4.

Argach

QuoteThe level 54 Spirit of Storm does not stun.

Spirit of Storm Strike

1:  Decrease Hitpoints by 122
2:  Increase Hate by 200
3:  Stun(1.50 sec)

Ahem. And the spell is lvl 53, too.

Tastian

"Doing so will allow you to upgrade the current proc with a higher level one, since they overwrite the weaker one. When you want to downconvert to a weaker , perhaps non-stunning proc or a proc that will actually land on the mob your fighting knowing for example the mobs in Sol B are resistant to fire and you had flame on your pet. "

I'm not againist pet proc in first spot and yeah it'd be nice occasionally if all pet procs overwrote each other.  However, when wouldn't you want a STUN proc?  Level 51 wind is the only one I can recall that actually has an effect that sometimes you might want to get rid of.  Also if you were in sol B wouldn't you know you were in sol B before you buffed your pet with flame in the first place? hehe   Basically later on I almost never backtrack.  I use rellic about 99.9% of the time.  Before that I'd use snow a ton and occasionally pull out storm, but that was obvious.  I guess the thing I liked about the later on procs is that they are real upgrades baring resist type issues and I almost always just went with my recent one.

Dakat

Spirit of Storm  said here that it did not stun.  But, I'm sure your right that it does stun.  I have not used it in a long time.

Dakat

Tastian

In certain situations certain mobs are more resistant to certain types of spells.  

Picking the right one for the circumstance may be difficult and you may need to switch one out.  If I remember right, Guardians in PoV resisted Storm or magic based spells and procs, but my pet was able to land her poison based proc frequently.  I had to switch to Vermin when Storm didnt land.

Argach

Caster realm = BAD!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAADD!!!

I've seen so much misinformation come from that site it's not funny.  :?

Use http://lucy.allakhazam.com/ instead if ye need info about spells or monster abilities.

Noriko

What Arga said.  Castersrealm is so far behind the curve, you can't even rely on it for a spell list, not to mention explaination of what a spell does.  If you need info, lucy is the place.  Heck, even allakhazam's main site has better info than castersrealm.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

waywreth

Wind in my opinion is junk.  It turns the mob into a ping-pong ball with a knockback and knockup.

I used vermin until 53, and then switched to storm.  I'm too poor to buy snow (which I've seen for 10k, and my friend bought), and flame for 50k.
Elementalist Oniadar Nephilim
<Unbroken Spirits> - The Tribunal

Hrann

Aye, Wind has a knockback effect.  Storm is okay though.  I stuck with that until I got Rellic.