Main Menu

Aged Earring of Aptitude - Droga Quested FT1 Earring

Started by Phad, July 04, 2004, 11:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phad

I didn't see any posts about this quest, so I apologize if I missed it.  As many of you probably know, there are some really nice items from Droga, including quest related.

For the Aged Earring of Aptitude it requires 3 Bled of the Depredator (uncommon - rare Random drop from any Goblin Bone Depredator) and 1 Mark of Imprisonment (drops everytime from Jailor Maufin).  Turn these items into Pagik Tsissun in Lake of Ill Omen.

Now, here is why I was searching for this quest, the turn in NPC is 'spawned' in LOIO by releasing him through the Free the Drogan Slaves quest which was completed on my server many months ago.  However, sometime in one of the recent patches, these slaves were 're-slaved' on my server.  I was under the impression this was supposed to be a one-time only event.  Once they're freed, they didn't have to worry about being recaptured, etc.  Does anyone have any additional information on this?  I petitioned this, and of course, the GM knew nothing about this quest and immediately closed the petition saying he/she was sorry about some npc's having long spawn times...these slaves are either freed and up, or they are in Droga and I need to be freed via a quest that is sometimes buggy and can take up to two hours per attempt.//

Mindlet

I was under the impression they had to be freed after any patch.

Phad

I'm fairly certain they are not reset every patch.  It also takes roughly 10 hours to free them all, to avoid the various bugs from the event of freeing them.  Plus some of the mobs that drop the pieces only spawn once every 3 hours or so...just doesn't seem to me the kind of thing that would require doing every patch.

Hereki

They are not recaptured on every patch; once freed, they stay freed.

However, the two zones Nurga and Droga were reset including the slaves a few weeks ago, when Nurga mobs were added for the iksar warrior pike quest.  That is the only time since the slaves were introduced that I remember them being reset.

Oneiromancer

I have all the items for this earring, and I am very much hoping that it will be fixed...and actually, they're looking into it: http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Live&message.id=1846

Ashlanne's comment at the end:

QuoteA developer has looked into this issue and there is a problem with it.  We have it on the schedule to be fixed soon although I don't have a date for it.  Thank you all so much for bringing this issue to our attention!

So hopefully this will be fixed on the 8th too!

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

DontPetBear

Just checked on The Nameless server, and the turn-in guy for the Aged Earring is not up.

Looking like this is low priority for fixing, or they're gonna have to all be freed again.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

arcticbeast

Everytime the server comes down the slaves are captured again.  Some of the slaves are very easy to free and are freed within a few hours of server reset a few are very hard and can take several days or even a couple of weeks to be freed.

Either way when I'm doing these quests and I know a patch is coming I am checking on my slaves daily to make sure that I can do my turnin before patch cause you don't know how long it will be before they are freed again.

Pretty sure that zone crashes where the slaves are at do not cause the slave to be recaptured but I can't recall a time when one of theses zones has crashed.
ArcticJade
65 Beastlord on Luclin

Hereki

This isn't true.  The slaves were released (per server) once, when the zones were first revised over a year ago.  They were recaptured once, a couple of months ago, when the two zones were modified for the iksar warrior and beastlord quests.  This was unintentional, and SOE are supposed to be looking into it.

Freeing any of the slaves is just as easy/hard as any of the others, as the event you have to go through is exactly the same for each of them.  They are released in order, one each time the event is run.

Gizmomo

I also have all the items awaiting the turn in.  They havent been up for about 2 months now on Tunare.  Checked today after patch and still not up.  Just the few Nurga ones are.  Hopefully some one will free them soon.  Figured since the slave i need is in line to be freed before the one that gives the ft2 shoulders for clr, dru, shm, so it shouldnt be to long  :lol:
Gizmomo Elfcutter - 52 - BST - Tunare

Myster Modrodz - 65 - MAG - Tunare

Flippee

Anyone know if this guy was freed on The Tribunal???  Just as luck would have it I finally round up all the items and my server dropped 3 days ago.  How do I go about bugging GM's to respawn this guy???

Oneiromancer

You don't.  Wait with the rest of us to see if all servers who had them free in the first place get them respawned.  Bugging a GM won't do anything because this isn't a server-specific problem as far as I know.  Submitting a /bug or /feedback to support the cause might help though.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Flippee

Bugged and Petitioned, even had a guide helping me for a little while.

a_moss_snake_001

A ranger friend of mine last night roped me into helping him and his druid GF camp Jailor Maufin for his earring.

So, zoned into Droga, invised up, ran to the part of the map that is labelled "Jailor Maufin", easy so far...

Enter the main area, barred off jail area to the right, wooden door in front of me, tons and tons of mobs all packed in like sardines. Being fairly smart I decide the best way to break this camp is to go through the wooden door into the bunkbed room and tuck ourselves in between the two beds then break invis by slowing the nearest mob. Do that, works like a charm, nearby mob doesnt even lift a finger to help. Killed the two in that room then proceeded to single pull the adjacent "box and barrel" room with a green pet. All dead. A "goblin jailor" in the barrel room dropped two keys (droga jail key and a shackle key).

So we decide to sit in this double room clearing mobs as they spawn.... so we wait..... and we kill...... and wait....... and kill....... and wait...................... and kill....... and wa.....it..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4 hours and numerous respawns later Jailor Maufin STILL has not spawned. So my question is:

"Were we camping the right spot? should we have killed the mobs outside the wooden door in the room with the jail entrance?"

Anyone got any tips for getting this sucker to spawn?

Animist

For the "freeing the slave" part, once a certain slave is freed (there are 5 total for Droga), it is freed and will not be reset upon server reset, UNLESS the zone files for Droga (or Nurga, if u are doing that side) have been patched.
That being said, usually they arent reseted, but if there is patch to those zones, they are reseted.

For Jailor Maufin, it spawns at the very back of the 2 rooms in the jail area.
u have to clear the whole jail room (the one with multiple beds and around 5 mobs) and then proceed to clear the 2 rooms in the back side.
Alternatively if u have snare/pacify, u can just invis up and run pass all mobs in the main area, and kill those inside the 2 rooms.

Hope this helps
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Gizmomo

He is still not up on Tunare.  This weekend will see about freeing him.
Gizmomo Elfcutter - 52 - BST - Tunare

Myster Modrodz - 65 - MAG - Tunare