Main Menu

Changing to Beastlord as main and would like advice.

Started by Kattbert, May 16, 2012, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kattbert

Ok so I am switching from a SK (95) to a Beastlord as my main, who is currently level 65 with about 40 50 AA's.  I am looking for some advice on when to stop, a suggested zone, and how many AA's I should be at before heading to the next stopping point.  I will have a pocket 76 Shaman for buffs and an 85 druid on an additional account to assist/box if needed.  I have read a few pots including: http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=347.0 but I was not sure how dates this is.  My thoughts are:

65 - The Hole.  I know from playing my monk I should get about 21% AA per kill w/out lesson/potions.  Farm to probably 500 or so.
71 - Possibly Paw and another 250.
75- ?
81 - PoF if it is not uber camped by Rangers/SK's or maybe Verigald Mines till probably 1500ish.

After that I am not sure where or if the numbers are right.  I really want to get to 95 so I can group with guild, but I want to ensure that i know how to play the class right.  I HIGHLY doubt I will be tanking, but want to be able to solo if I want to farm AA's at 95.

I do plan on getting my epics.  I have another Beastie on my server that is going to give me (T4 i think) HoT... FV is awesome.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.  I also hope I do not seem impatient or rude...Thank you.

Nusa

Check out this thread as well: http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=8701.0
In general, SK's and BST's have a lot of AA's in common (even some of the pet AA's), and the reasons for buying many of them are the same for both classes -- so you should already know most of what you need. Neither class is a good tank without defensive AA's, neither class is a great DPS without offensive AA's, etc. Given equal AA's, the SK will tank better than the BST, and vice versa for DPS...but in many ways you're making a lateral move from what you have now.

As for where, in general I'd say the current hot zones, plus whatever you already know as good places to go. I tend not to recommend specific camps because what's a cakewalk for me may be a disaster for someone else...you need to find your own balance for your current abilities. Plus, I personally hate "grinding" if I can help it...I'd rather go do a bunch of quests that happen to also give XP, flags and/or items worth using for the moment (e.g. the hand aug quest line from TBS).

Askyn

As far as were to go to solo, I would HIGHLY recommend this site.

http://almarsguides.com/eq/

Check out the Leveling guides area. Its not a plat farmer site or any thing, just a really nice place to go to for suggestions.

It does follow a pretty straight line tho, which if you want a change of pace you will need to find another spot.

I my self am having to hunt around and try to find some places to go currently as a lvl 88 bst sigh.

Khauruk

Assuming straight soloing....

Stop at 71, and farm as much as you can stomach.  PoFire is probably about the best for this, imo.  I spent a ton of time in deeeep veksar since it was a hotzone, but I don't know how it is now.  I spent a ton of time in Grieg's End (gates) at 70, but it goes way down at 71.

At 85ish, hit RSS 'til 85 or 86, as much as you can stomach.  86 is the last usable level there.

Loping 'til 90.  The last level will grind, but I found it still worthwhile.

High mob density, lowest HP/mob for the level range, good xp.  Boring, etc, but they are the grinding zones I always went to.

AA guides for what to get are in various places.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

I have a complete list of bst AA in my sig. Just click on the link to see a PDF page. I only added a brief description of each ability but it does include the cost per rank and which expansion it comes available.